GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't had the chance to do any night riding for a while, and was really suprised to find out both lamps were burned out. Bought the stock lamps late Sunday and wondered what is the easiest way to get them replaced.
Do you go in under the dash, or do the lenses come off. The guy at the parts counter didn't know.

·
Registered
180 Posts
High beam

Both bulbs? check the fuse, before you remove the fairing pockets, to access the bulb holders. A 10" long pointed pliers, will be useful, if you have coke shovel size hands like mine.
Good luck Jas

·
Registered
50 Posts
High beams

My '06 came with one out, so much for the dealer setup and inspection sticker huh? It was not plugged in. DAMN that harness was short and a b!^@h to get on there.

2soon

·
Registered
58 Posts
high beam

You better hope it is the fuse. I added a modulator to mine and it was a bitch getting my hands in ther.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Re: High beams

2soon said:
My '06 came with one out, so much for the dealer setup and inspection sticker huh? It was not plugged in. DAMN that harness was short and a b!^@h to get on there.

2soon
Be glad you have an 06. The 01-05 were worse.

·
Registered
911 Posts
haven't had to change a headlight bulb yet, but just to clarify, both bulbs (high and low) are changed by going thru the fairing pockets ??...ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
No, you reach in the voids next to the radio frequency display for the low beams (you can see them easily while standing next to the bike)

High beams are reached through the fairing pockets

·
Registered
911 Posts
White Wing said:
No, you reach in the voids next to the radio frequency display for the low beams (you can see them easily while standing next to the bike)

High beams are reached through the fairing pockets
Thank You !!!...ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Hard to believe the guy at the parts counter had no idea.
I checked the fuse, that would have been too easy...lol. I had hit a HUGE pothole a couple weeks ago, maybe that did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts