GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while riding mainly interstates my bike developed a high pitched whine. It is in response to throttle revs. As I turn the throttle the whine gets higher pitched and louder. It does this while rolling or on the center stand. Other then the whine the bike appears to be responding normally. Acceleration is fine, clutch feels the same, engine temp is in the normal spot, etc. When I let go of the throttle and the engine is winding down there are very small pops or crackles. The exhaust is clear no smoke or viewable particulates. I have not added anything new to the bike. It is a 2008 NAV/ABS with about 16,700 miles. Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?

·
Vendor
17,416 Posts
Does the rear tire have to be spinning to get it, or does it do it on the sidestand in N?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does make the same sound on the center stand in neutral. I just remembered that I have put in 89 octane the last two tanks thinking I was helping the bike. After reading another thread I am wondering if the hight octane could be causing the problem. I am still very new to wings (one month) so I very much appreciate some direction. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Leave her at home. :joke:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Today while riding mainly interstates my bike developed a high pitched whine. It is in response to throttle revs. As I turn the throttle the whine gets higher pitched and louder. It does this while rolling or on the center stand. Other then the whine the bike appears to be responding normally. Acceleration is fine, clutch feels the same, engine temp is in the normal spot, etc. When I let go of the throttle and the engine is winding down there are very small pops or crackles. The exhaust is clear no smoke or viewable particulates. I have not added anything new to the bike. It is a 2008 NAV/ABS with about 16,700 miles. Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?
Ok...so this posting is like what...4 weeks old. So what was the out come of it all....what was it...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts