GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to this forum and so far I have found everyone to be very helpful. My wife recently upgraded her bike to a Goldwing 1800 Trike and while out riding today it started to have a front end wobble. The wobble started around 70mph. No slow speed issues. This is the first time she drove it on the interstate since she bought it. No issues driving it previously but this is the first time it happened. Only happened when the bike was at 70 mph or above. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Start with the basics. Make sure all the tires are balanced and are at the correct tire pressures.

Reactions: apes115

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Is it a California Sidecar Viper? If so, I have a pretty good idea what it is...

And if it is, does it have the Ohatsu 16" tires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I will check the tire pressure this morning.

The conversion is a Moto Trike. I will need to look at the tire brand but I feel pretty sure it is a Michelin on the front.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I had mentioned the Ohatsu tires (rears) because I and a few others had problems with them and did exactly what you mention with what felt like a front end shake at 65mph +/- 5mph. It is still a possibility. Once you got to 70mph or higher, the shake went away. Changing out the rear tires to new ones completely eliminated the shake. But since it's a Motortrike, it might not.be your solution. My advice would be to join up on this other forum as it is dedicated to trikes and will be a better resource to help you:
https://www.triketalk.com/forum/forum.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts