GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while on my trip, a guy kept riding my tail. So I throttled it down till I hit around 95. It sure ran well at 95. Fortunately, I slowed down just in time. The medians were just a bit crowded. Anyone else tried their tires at speed?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine is great at 100+

·
Registered
973 Posts
Had the new Michelin up to 95 this evening.
MM

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Man, where do you guys ride with speed limits like that? I have always been the guy that got performance trophies for jut 5-8 over. I read on the interweb all the time that 10 isn't even looked at. I don't seem to have that luck.

100 MPH can get you confiscated around here. Not will, but can depending on the officer or the small town. Bummer.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Darkside run in tenn. played with rice rocket speeds 120+ felt great don't tell wife someone has pictures of it I did but laptop died and so did pictures.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Today while on my trip, a guy kept riding my tail. So I throttled it down till I hit around 95. It sure ran well at 95. Fortunately, I slowed down just in time. The medians were just a bit crowded. Anyone else tried their tires at speed?
:22yikes: never ever:oops::wrong: ,ok I am still in robe yet eating breakfast but by 10 a.m. I am sure I will be :twisted:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Man, where do you guys ride with speed limits like that? I have always been the guy that got performance trophies for jut 5-8 over. I read on the interweb all the time that 10 isn't even looked at. I don't seem to have that luck.

100 MPH can get you confiscated around here. Not will, but can depending on the officer or the small town. Bummer.
Wi. Alphabet roads :yes1: shh don't let this get out . I will feed you cookies for sugar energy as a bonus :yes1:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Not me!:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes: This old Buick driving blue hair hardly ever goes faster than 35mph!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Wi. Alphabet roads :yes1: shh don't let this get out . I will feed you cookies for sugar energy as a bonus :yes1:
LMAO, Thanks Rail. I hope to take you up on that some day. Well, the cookies and roads anyway. I have gotten so used to putting around at slow speeds I am not sure I could change.:eek:4:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Not me!:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes: This old Buick driving blue hair hardly ever goes faster than 35mph!:thumbup:
Maybe you can bring ole Buick up here to Rails speed shop and we can fix that. You eating cookies and me wrenching horsepower in ole blue.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Maybe you can bring ole Buick up here to Rails speed shop and we can fix that. You eating cookies and me wrenching horsepower in ole blue.:thumbup:
Now there's an idea "Rocketboy" Week of August 29th we'll meet at the Indy speedway museum, take the tour, then ride on up to Rail's for a day or so. :nojoke:Rail can fix you and the bike up, and by the time we leave you can truely be called "ROCKETMAN" Your retired so don't tell me you can't get off work, and you could bring the wife. Whatya say??? Lets ride:biker::popcorn:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Now there's an idea "Rocketboy" Week of August 29th we'll meet at the Indy speedway museum, take the tour, then ride on up to Rail's for a day or so. :nojoke:Rail can fix you and the bike up, and by the time we leave you can truely be called "ROCKETMAN" Your retired so don't tell me you can't get off work, and you could bring the wife. Whatya say??? Lets ride:biker::popcorn:
I'm laid-off thank you! and August 29th is so far away!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
393 Posts

California freeways run at about 85 MPH average and there is this mostly open section near my house with no on ramps and nowhere for them to hide. Plus I have a very good RADAR detector that has saved me thousands of $, plus most cagers think I am a cop and lane change out of my way, LOL.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Nope, never tried my square tire at speed, they tell me it won't work so I just sit on it in the drive way!:thumbup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Old Firestone

This OLD USED Firehawk has seen 115 and around 100 several times.
Short periods but I don't see excessive danger, as far as the Tire goes.
Stuff poppin' out in front of ya; now that's a more likely problem!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Plus I have a very good RADAR detector that has saved me thousands of $, plus most cagers think I am a cop and lane change out of my way, LOL.
I love that added bonus with new to me white bike, even more so when I fly up to them from behind ;)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Only sometimes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts