GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one lost controll over high wind or trucks passing, I've pulled two differents trailers and still tighten up when large trucks pass.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Mike Moran said:
Has any one lost controll over high wind or trucks passing
No, but these conditions do increase the "pucker" factor. I stay in the side of my lane where the wind is, or will be coming from, so I don't get blown off the edge or over the center line because the bike will move a few feet. Being aware and anticipating are the most important things.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Mike Moran said:
Has any one lost controll over high wind or trucks passing, I've pulled two differents trailers and still tighten up when large trucks pass.
I doubt it, I've never heard of that happening. The thing with trucks isn't really so bad, they're pressure surge just kinda pushes you over gently. The thing I don't like is how they regularly sling off those long chunks of tread, yikes!!! It's the sudden wind gusts that'll get your attention. Not to long ago I was riding on a bluebird day after a cold front had blown though. That day there were sustained north winds of 25-30 mph with occassional gust above 50 mph. Feels kinda odd runnin down a straight road while continously in a lean, but it's manageable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts