GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be traveling to Niagara Falls and are planning on coming up through Ohio to Lake Erie around the Cleveland area and then traveling along the lake towards Buffalo. My question is, would taking either highway 20 or 5 be a good choice? I see Interstate 90 turns into a toll road at the state line and would probably prefer to stay off of it if possible.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
758 Posts
We will be traveling to Niagara Falls and are planning on coming up through Ohio to Lake Erie around the Cleveland area and then traveling along the lake towards Buffalo. My question is, would taking either highway 20 or 5 be a good choice? I see Interstate 90 turns into a toll road at the state line and would probably prefer to stay off of it if possible.

Thanks,

Mike
if you've got the time, that's a much nicer rt than the thruway but it will take you longer to get to buffalo etc. I "try" and avoid the thruway if I can, so 20 is usually my choice, small towns and speed limit drops but very nice running along The Erie shore.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you've got the time, that's a much nicer rt than the thruway but it will take you longer to get to buffalo etc. I "try" and avoid the thruway if I can, so 20 is usually my choice, small towns and speed limit drops but very nice running along The Erie shore.
Thanks, that helps. We'll make time and enjoy it I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
My best friend lives in Painesville, Oh., and he just told me that 20 is tore up with pot holes.......... Be careful if this route is your choice.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My best friend lives in Painesville, Oh., and he just told me that 20 is tore up with pot holes.......... Be careful if this route is your choice.
If you find a road in NY without potholes........please let me know! Bwhahahahaha. We have two seasons here...........make potholes and fix potholes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you find a road in NY without potholes........please let me know! Bwhahahahaha. We have two seasons here...........make potholes and fix potholes.
Looks like we timed our trip just about right then. We should be at the end of "fix potholes" and at the start of "make potholes" season!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts