GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 1800. i just replaced the highway bulbs.lasted about a week before i noticed they were out. went from 35w to 55 w.any suggestions,bulb,,,,fuses are good,,,,,,relay?and where is this relay located?:22yikes:

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I'm going to assume you mean lamps that mount in the lower cowl.
If this is correct, check the wiring and make sure it's not burned up somewhere from using higher wattage bulbs that it was rated for. Also make sure the switch did not burn out from overload:shrug:
Actually showing ignorance here(easy for me to do) Just thinking what could have happened.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
Since they are 35 watt, I assume they are the Honda lights.

If they are you have probably cooked your foglight switch. They do not have the capacity to handle the extra 3 1/2 amps. The Wing sometimes burns up those switches even with the 35 watters. The wiring can't handle the extra load either.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Guess I should edit my first post so it looks like I knew what was up:joke::lol:
Kudos to LarryM whom does know what he's talking about:yes1:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,129 Posts

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
Guess I should edit my first post so it looks like I knew what was up:joke::lol:
Kudos to LarryM whom does know what he's talking about:yes1:
Dawg, there was nothing wrong with your post. You were right there with it. I just expanded it further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts