GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the left footrest on my Kury Ergo pegs is now in the possession of the road gremlins somewhere between South Dakota and Nebraska - :cry:. I wasn't really 100% in love with these pegs as it seemed I was having to reach way forward and outboard to get on them - they perhaps needed more adjustments or a different length arm???

In reading other threads here every time the subject of pegs comes up there are always a bunch of posts that just say "****-o-pegs." Would like to hear some of what makes these the ultimate peg for the Wing? :popcorn:

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK, the left footrest on my Kury Ergo pegs is now in the possession of the road gremlins somewhere between South Dakota and Nebraska - :cry:. I wasn't really 100% in love with these pegs as it seemed I was having to reach way forward and outboard to get on them - they perhaps needed more adjustments or a different length arm???

In reading other threads here every time the subject of pegs comes up there are always a bunch of posts that just say "****-o-pegs." Would like to hear some of what makes these the ultimate peg for the Wing? :popcorn:
They correct the problems you were having with the kurys.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
But, with the Mic-O-Pegs you will not be able to keep your feet on them while riding high-speed sweepers (Cherohala....and such). They will drag the pavement.

With the correct highway peg (Length) mounted on the vertical section of the engine guard makes MY ride that much more comfortable. YMMV.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
For me, it is the position of my feet and legs rather than the gynocological exam position of the Kurys. Also, the chrome is superior and they do not peel or rust.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts

PM DDking, he is the expert on MOPs on this board. He can fix you up with the right model for your style of riding.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Do not worry about the Mics in high speed sweepers and the twisties. The right set sets up high and clears .

And when playing you should have your feet in the upright at attention position anyway. Eyes front and looking through the curves. So that does not hold any water.

The ***** cure that riding the fat buffalo deal. As you know reaching forward with traditional highway pegs, is not real comfy. And your inside leg tends to hit the valve covers all the time.

The ***** cure all that, and are in a position for a comfortable slightly bent knee position, and are out a bit and closer in, but still allow you to stretch out your legs.
And sometimes I just rest my heels on the peg bars for even more leg stretch.

And if your boot sole hit, no big deal, just pick up that foot.

Some of those hard mounted pegs I see..........now those I consider dangerous. Jab one of them into soft pavement and see what might happen. Those are the ones I consider dangerous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input - My Budget Director/Co-rider/Wife said order what you need! Will be unbolting the Kurys tomorrow morning and then getting in touch with DDking. Anyone else looking for peg info; do a search on MOPs - a lot of folks have had the same questions.

Ride safe! :biker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts