GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of highway pegs are you using? I'm looking at the Goldstrike, and understand Kuryakyn is coming out with some to fit. I would be interested in how they mount, and opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
@ Frank L Parker I just installed the Goldstrike highway pegs last evening, instructions were simple to follow (Yippy), the quality far exceeds my past experience with Kurry stuff. I just got rid of the Rivco Aero pegs (Lack of adjustment for short inseam 27" or shorter you better look elsewhere), that was even after making an additional setback adjustment hole and still no work for me. The build quality on the Aero was good I might add (not a knock on Rivco), they just did not fit me. Also, the Aero pegs are set @ a 90-degree angle and the small lip on the outward end of the peg, to keep your foot on the peg was not a secure feeling (felt like my foot would easily slide off the peg). But like with everything that fits some won't fit others it's always a trial and error with farkles. JMHO Ride Safe!

Reactions: Frank L. Parker

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've had the Goldstrike pegs on my bike for a few months. Thankfully, I had them installed for the SS1K I did last month. IMO, they are a high quality product. They are relatively easy to install and are very adjustable. Plus, they look good. Note, with the capabilities of this bike, it is possible to scrap the footrests when leaning over in what I call heavy cornering during spirited riding. That's with the footrests deployed. So, I suggest not deploying the footrests if you're going to run hard through the "twisties". I love this bike. It scratches all my itches. I'm very satisfied with the Goldstrike highway pegs. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Rivco Pegs.

Fit me well, fold away when not in use.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
After trying different set ups and the Gold Strike pegs I settled on these. Kuryakyn Longhorns with mini boards mounted on National Cycle comfort bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
+1 For GoldStrike. Have had mine for 3500 miles and really like them. With the new seating position on the 2018, I find I do not use the highway pegs as much, but it's a nice thing to have when you're on those tank to tank hauls making miles.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have the Goldstrike hwy pegs.
I liked these because they mount solid to the frame of the bike and I did not have to trim or modify any of the plastic around the engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies fellows. I would sure appreciate some photos of the Goldstrikes, and how they mount. They are the ones I'm leaning toward.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rivco. No cornering issues. I have a 29" inseam and they work for me when mounted in the last adjustment position. Most other highway pegs that I've seen pictures of on the web look to me like they will drag when faced with a "high lean angle" situation due to an emergency or perhaps if a corner is misjudged. Personally, I'm not going to take a chance on high-centering my 2018 GWT6. I don't ever plan on leaning the bike that much, but sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to purchase/install!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I only have two pictures, I had them mounted as high as possible and was unable to put them were I could get a good leg position also they weren't any better for me then the Kury 4509 pegs I was using.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've very happy with the Goldstrikes. Good, solid installation with easy to follow instructions. Took a little while to find my "sweet spot" setting, but once found, I was very happy with them. Good product, good quality, good fit and don't drastically change the look of the bike. I'll try to remember to get some photos.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the Goldstrike, not only an excellent product but they are an excellent company to deal with. Mine are adjusted and I have no issues with cornering.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What kind of highway pegs are you using? I'm looking at the Goldstrike, and understand Kuryakyn is coming out with some to fit. I would be interested in how they mount, and opinions.
Goldstrike are really made great and fully adjustable. The company takes great pride in all of there products. I've had mine since October and couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts