Votes: 1 3.6%
  • ****-O-Pegs

Votes: 3 10.7%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2016 F6B. Ordered a Madsad windshield, installed Helibars and just ordered a Utopia backrest and mini-boards. What highway pegs are best? I’m 6’ with a 32” inseam. Looking for ones that have the best chance of not scraping while cornering.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have Eurgo 2, and they scrape a lot, but do fold up, so it's okay with me. Eurgo 3, have more adjustment, but are similar. Rivco makes a nice looking fold out set, but are more $$. I haven't tried them, and I'm not 6'3", so I can't say how comfy they are. they do look nice. Just remember to fold them up, when done riding, because the valve cover can receive damage if the bike tips over with the pegs in the out position.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have Rivco’s arriving tomorrow. Will be installed by tomorrow night and used by Thursday morning.

For reference, 5’11” with 31” inseam.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a set of the chrome Rivco Aero pegs on my old F6B and they were the most uncomfortable highway pegs I had ever had and I used them when my knees hurt but not for very long as they were not nice. I move them several times to different distance from the front to the farther most back holes and that was the best but still couldn't ride long distances using them.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I had a set of the chrome Rivco Aero pegs on my old F6B and they were the most uncomfortable highway pegs I had ever had and I used them when my knees hurt but not for very long as they were not nice. I move them several times to different distance from the front to the farther most back holes and that was the best but still couldn't ride long distances using them.

I too had a pair of Aeropegs that I couldn’t get in a comfortable position. I even made a plate to shim them out and more forward. Still felt like I was in stirrups getting ready to deliver a baby. They were beautiful and probably highly functional just not for me. They were great quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
My father always told me when I was growing up to buy the best you could afford and you always be happy with your purchase but even though the Rivco Aero pegs were some of the highest priced items I ever purchase and some of the nicest quality and perhaps the nicest looking on the bike I was never happy with that purchase. They were just plain uncomfortable and I was very unhappy I had spent that much money to be so miserable.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Rivco also makes a set that attach to the engine guards. Quality chrome and adjustability. Mine are attached to the vertical guard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rivco Folgout Hightway Pegs

The Rivco flip out highway pegs for the 2018 GL1800 are veryflimsy, flip out unintentionally in turns and break off very easily. Mine brokeoff after unfolding in a turn on my first ride. The peg barely struck theground. Rivco customer service was also a very unpleasant experience. Calls andemails often go unanswered. Once you get a response, its a very unpleasantexperience.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
The Rivco flip out highway pegs for the 2018 GL1800 are veryflimsy, flip out unintentionally in turns and break off very easily. Mine brokeoff after unfolding in a turn on my first ride. The peg barely struck theground. Rivco customer service was also a very unpleasant experience. Calls andemails often go unanswered. Once you get a response, its a very unpleasantexperience.
For a first post, wow.
Did you know the friction on the arms is adjusted by tightening the nut?
Did you read the installation instructions?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Mic-O-Pegs

Any issues with ****-O-Pegs?
I have the GF pegs. They are on the vertical engine guard and I have them as high on the bar as I can mount them. They do not hit the ground even when laying the bike over to change the tire. However, the arms do bend a bit when the bike is on its side.

IMO, they are OK, but they are way out in front of me and my feet are spread pretty wide when I use them. The pegs are the widest part of the bike when they are in the up position so I have to watch out for them somewhat. I typically don't use them at all unless I'm riding over 50 miles. On longer rides, I use them about 10% of the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I added the Ergo III adjustable cruise mounts and I'm very pleased with them. I'm 6'2" and appreciate having the cruise pegs on log straight stretches of road, however, once the twisties start I use my feet to flip the pegs up so there's no problem with scraping. While these aren't as visually pleasing as the other pegs, they certainly are comfortable and adjustable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you are getting or have the Mini Boards with the drop down feature, those may the items that scrape during cornering. Went to a track day, there were other wings with stock pegs and I was scraping but they were not. We took a few guys and laid the two bikes over and sure enough, the mini boards hit pavement before the stock pegs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts