GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Check these out......

www.ridingiswonderful.com

Jim is great to work with. He'll get you set up with exactly what's comfortable for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im with JW...... :flg:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Ergo II on my bike and like them very much. You need to be VERY aware of your cornering clearance with these. I have mine one notch above horizontal just in case. That puts the peg a little high for me but the way these scooters love to scrape the pavement anyway I felt it was safer. I have seen modifications for these and will try them some day when I get a chance.

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
It all depends on whether you want your feet low or high. Try to figure that out before you order anything. It could save you a lot of trouble.

If you want your feet to be higher than the crash bars, Kury 4056 pegs are the most popular and have a good mount. [If you are handy, these can be modified so they can be used in a lower position by grinding some of the teeth off of the mount. There is a post somewhere on the board regarding that.]

If you want your feet to be low, then **** O Pegs are the way to go. They are spring loaded and spring up out of the way when your feet are off of them. Make sure you call Jim **** so he can help you with the correct model. Ask him about his 90 buy back policy if you are not happy with them. You will not find a more helpful vendor anywhere.

You can see pictures by taking the link in my signature below.

Good luck.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Love my Ero II's.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Did a lot of looking, measuring and trying different options and I decided not to install pegs. To get Kuri's to be comfortable they needed to be lower than they are when mounted on the vertical, and if mounted on the horozontal they come in contact the road 1st and high center you. Looked at Mico-pegs.. an option but felt too low and I had to work my boot onto them. My inseam is 30-32 and that may be an fit issue. Taller folks seem to go with the horozontal mount OK. Try someone else pegs for the fit/comfort issue.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
The Kury 4056 mounts are made to rotate on the horizontal bar if too much contact is made so that they will not high center. [Kury 4050 mounts will cause that problem.] They do need to be mounted so that the peg is above the horizontal bar and I agree that they would be uncomfortable that way. You can grind some of the mounting teeth off which then makes them go up when they come into contact with the pavement...if you forget to raise them yourself.

**** O Pegs have several models. You can get model K/A which puts them at the lowest, K/D medium or K/L for a higher mount...all still lower than the horizontal bar and your feet are on the outside instead of inside. They also come in an HS version which allows Kury footpegs to be attached to the MOP mounts. There are also a couple of models that attach to the vertical bars.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ddking said:
It all depends on whether you want your feet low or high. Try to figure that out before you order anything. It could save you a lot of trouble.

If you want your feet to be higher than the crash bars, Kury 4056 pegs are the most popular and have a good mount. [If you are handy, these can be modified so they can be used in a lower position by grinding some of the teeth off of the mount. There is a post somewhere on the board regarding that.]

If you want your feet to be low, then **** O Pegs are the way to go. They are spring loaded and spring up out of the way when your feet are off of them. Make sure you call Jim **** so he can help you with the correct model. Ask him about his 90 buy back policy if you are not happy with them. You will not find a more helpful vendor anywhere.

You can see pictures by taking the link in my signature below.

Good luck.
Dan,
I ended up getting the ****-O-Pegs KD-HS and the large ISO pegs. They should be here today so I will have them on for the weekend. I PM'ed Phisivers , like you said, to asking him if his pegs were the large or small. He read the PM but never replied.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Kury 4056's

GL05 made an excellent post and video on the Kury Ergo II 4056 mods. Do a search and you'll find it. Haven't done it to mine yet but I will, if we ever get some bad enough weather to quit rid'in. :p T.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Re: Kury 4056's

tvbveb said:
GL05 made an excellent post and video on the Kury Ergo II 4056 mods. Do a search and you'll find it. Haven't done it to mine yet but I will, if we ever get some bad enough weather to quit rid'in. :p T.
While I still prefer the MOPs because I don't want to have to remember to raise pegs plus the MOPs bring the pegs back farther, the mod by GL05 is way cool.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... highlight=

2,732 Posts
Kury pegs

I put the Kury pegs on the vertical bar but they kept turning on me as I put pressure on them. I solved the problem by drilling thru the round vertical bar and inserting a chrome screw to hold the peg clamp in position. They now stay were I mounted them and will not turn on the bar. It also makes it nice because I can put the full weight of my foot on the peg without fear of it turning out of position, even when cruising the extreme curves in Big Thompson Canyon between Loveland and Estes Park and the switch backs going up the Glen Haven route to Estes. I also have mine one notch above horizontal which means that I will scrape the Honda footpegs before the Kurys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts