GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel a severe case of cabin fever and wander lust starting to set in. Glen has cancelled his event and now Rogers has been cancelled also. Both of which I totally understand. I am now starting to put together a plan to go to one of my favorite places to ride. I will be camping in my MM so I wont need a motel room. I will require a place to camp though. What is the status of campgrounds in the Hill Country area around Fredericksburg. Also how about places to eat. Are they still open. Most of the places to eat around here are open but only for take out. I am asking for information on the status of things in the area from you guys that are in the area. Thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not sure about campground, but from what I've seen on FB from friends who live in the Hill Country a lot of the places to eat are doing take out (OST is one I saw).

·
SuperModerator
3,342 Posts
I feel a severe case of cabin fever and wander lust starting to set in. Glen has cancelled his event and now Rogers has been cancelled also. Both of which I totally understand. I am now starting to put together a plan to go to one of my favorite places to ride. I will be camping in my MM so I wont need a motel room. I will require a place to camp though. What is the status of campgrounds in the Hill Country area around Fredericksburg. Also how about places to eat. Are they still open. Most of the places to eat around here are open but only for take out. I am asking for information on the status of things in the area from you guys that are in the area. Thanks
Bob, I have some of the same questions! If a fella were to just get out on his motorcycle and ride, what issues might arise? In my case, I would need a motel and I know that I would have to call ahead to verify that the motel would actually be open. I know that take-out, probably McDonalds, etc., would be the best option for dining. I assume that gas stations, truck stops, and convenience stores are still open.

I was just reading about Louisiana's recent "stay-at-home" mandate. Apparently they want a good reason why somebody would dare go outside their house. I'm wondering if the desire to just go ride the open road (my version of social distancing) for a few days would suffice.

Wish I could answer your questions about the Hill Country. It's been a while since I've ridden the Three Sisters, or seen bluebonnets. Jafink says he will soon sponsor a ride in that area, and I'm hoping I can make it.

Glen

·
Registered
589 Posts
Glockjock, isn't Mr. Jordan's house on the way to Bluebonnet country? It;s Very important you hand deliver that critical medicine (and get a little carryout in Bandera wink wink nod nod).
Remember, where ever you are, you are heading to the grocery for TP.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Flowers in Fredericksburg and surronding area are just beginning to bloom , looks like another 3 or 4 weeks remaining. Everything in the town is completely closed down to the point of a ghost town . No food except some drive ups , no motels . Most areas are under shelter in place.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
I was just reading about Louisiana's recent "stay-at-home" mandate. Apparently they want a good reason why somebody would dare go outside their house. I'm wondering if the desire to just go ride the open road (my version of social distancing) for a few days would suffice.
"...at least 200 million people in 21 states, 47 counties and 14 cities are being urged to stay home." NY Times, today.

I suspect within a week, the rest of the states that do not may have similar restrictions.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I drove my truck today out hwy 281 through Blanco through Johnson city, left to Sandy tx, willow city loop hwy 16 left on 965 which goes by enchanted rock, back into Fredericksburg. All gas stations are open, sonic mcdonalds and most other restaurants you can order for takeout only. Saw alot of bluebonnets today. Just look up hotels in Fredericksburg and give them a call. Hope that helps. I just got the ok from the doctor and wife for me to ride since my hernia operation 5 weeks ago. You will see me out in the hill country till they forcibly quarantine me or until they can catch me on the wing. LOL

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I drove my truck today out hwy 281 through Blanco through Johnson city, left to Sandy tx, willow city loop hwy 16 left on 965 which goes by enchanted rock, back into Fredericksburg. All gas stations are open, sonic mcdonalds and most other restaurants you can order for takeout only. Saw alot of bluebonnets today. Just look up hotels in Fredericksburg and give them a call. Hope that helps. I just got the ok from the doctor and wife for me to ride since my hernia operation 5 weeks ago. You will see me out in the hill country till they forcibly quarantine me or until they can catch me on the wing. LOL
Oh yes this is called exercising LOL

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yep , riding is great exercise . I did a lot of exercising today and it seemed like the large fields of bluebonnets tripled overnight . The fields are amazing this year . If you are in Texas-------- Get out and exercise , it will do your soul good and you will stay healthy. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts