GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago I had folios up on my knee. Everything is going as it should. However. Wife and I told him of the trouble I’ve been having with the screws in my hip and the groin area. Did an x-ray and lucky me, it has a lot of arthritis in it and needs replaced. We decided that I’m going to get a cortezone and steroid shot to postpone replacement. Been in hospital for 1 thing or another the last 5 years, we both want a break. Was supposed to go 2 weeks ago when we had the big storm and had to cancel. Going this Friday for the shot. I’ve had them in the joints that have been replaced and right hip before I did my ice skater trick. Have not had one that didn’t work and I’m ready to get it done. One of the shots in my left hip when the doctor started pushing in the needle lookin* at the screen to see if going where he wanted it, I started laughing rather loudly. He asked if I was alright and I told him that it hurt good having the shot and that is how I react to it. Mite have to mention it to Dr when I get it Friday.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hip is doing pretty good for now. I’ve joined a gym and a staff member heed me to do some excerises to help the hip. I’m getting a shot in it next month that should help with the pain side of my hip. Later this late fall or early winter I’ll have it replaced.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Up date on right hip. I’m on my way to being bionic. Don’t know if anyone remembers the screws I had to have in my right hip when I fell and cracked it. They are now gone. Dr asked if I wanted the screws and at first said na. Changed my mind and I was handed a clear bag with the 3 screws in it. They are as big around as a #2 pencil and are every bit of 5” long. Maybe that’s why I could feel them when I rolled over on my right side at night, couldn’t get them screwed in all the way,lol.
Before I went in to have the surgery, about 6 weeks in hottest part of summer, I built a 16’x14’ shed to park the trike and trailer in. That’s when you find out just how level the floor is and it was off a bit. From start to finish I built it all myself. I must say for a 67yr old, bad hip and still recovering of a right knee old fart it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
August 26 was date I had right hip replaced. October 1st I was on riding mower cutting grass and went for a ride on the trike. It felt good getting on trike and going for a ride. Once the muscles get a little stronger I’ll be able to mount easier and sit in saddle a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Man O' man it sure does "suck" to get old doesn't it?? Remember when you wanted to be older? Couldn't wait to be 13 yrs old (teenager) 16 (drivers license) 18 (legal) 21 (drinking).....Now it's 62 (social security)
65 (medicare) ect.ect..............If only we can go backwards in time now! I'll be 69 tomorrow, and boy do I actually feel it..............:crying::crying:

Ronnie

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 6 of 6 Posts