GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding down threw the black forest area here in Pa on Saturday rounded a curve and thought it was just a tar snake till I got close to it then it moved..Not much I could do by the time it moved..Ended up hitting it..Second bike also hit and by the time the last few bikes came by it was coiled and standing up..Man these things must be tough we went back and it was gone...Somewhere around 4 or 5 ft long....:eek:4:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Must be a tough snake when it is run over by a 800lb vehicle and still has fight left... when i run over a snake..i usually apply the rear brake hard enough to just about rip the snake in two.. it kinda takes all the fight of them..

cosmic

·
Registered
73 Posts
Riding down threw the black forest area here in Pa on Saturday rounded a curve and thought it was just a tar snake till I got close to it then it moved..Not much I could do by the time it moved..Ended up hitting it..Second bike also hit and by the time the last few bikes came by it was coiled and standing up..Man these things must be tough we went back and it was gone...Somewhere around 4 or 5 ft long....:eek:4:
Quick too. Believe it or not, They can strike at you as you go over them.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Y'all got lucky. More times than not MC+snake+running over it= come to see you.

They do get narrow minded when you run over them, add to that gettin airborn, it's usually bad. LOL

Glad you all came through without trouble.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
129 Posts
Must be a tough snake when it is run over by a 800lb vehicle and still has fight left... when i run over a snake..i usually apply the rear brake hard enough to just about rip the snake in two.. it kinda takes all the fight of them..

cosmic
Everything from PA is tough ... :twisted:

:joke:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Quick too. Believe it or not, They can strike at you as you go over them.
Riding over their head greatly minimizes that possibility. :lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Shucks! Them snake skins look a whole lot neater than a fox tail flapping in the breeze from your antenna!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Betcha that rascal was gone to lick his wounds and regroup to go in hot pursuit of those mean ol' folks wantin' to run him over. If I was you, I'd have gotten a whole lot of gone real quick. Which is what I think you did............right? :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Betcha that rascal was gone to lick his wounds and regroup to go in hot pursuit of those mean ol' folks wantin' to run him over. If I was you, I'd have gotten a whole lot of gone real quick. Which is what I think you did............right? :thumbup:
Actually I wanted his skin..It would look really nice in my game room...along side the deer,fish and coyote mounts..

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
snakes

The only time I've seen a big diamondback was at Philmont Scout Ranch back in the 60's. This one had been mangled by being run over by a car. Body was offset by 90* in 2 places, but this guy wasn't dead yet and anytime anyone got near him he struck like he was going to get even:eek:4:. I stayed back about 50'. I was impresed enough to think of that snake every time I hear about a snake since then.

Richard

·
Registered
672 Posts
Gotta watch out for the Rattlers, even the "dead" ones.
I've had to care for more than one in the ICU who told me the snake was dead but got envenomed by a reflex bite even after cutting the head off the body!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Remember....."All Snakes are Deadly"

If I ever got bit by one, poisonous or not, I would have a Heart Attack
:22yikes:

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
He go away, only to die a slow death with the busted ribs and such. They usta be real commom here, but not so much anymore.

prs

·
Registered
79 Posts
Come on down here to Texas. We have them the size of VW vans.
Out in the Sweetwater area, they are as thick as thieves.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts