GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow rider just come back from florida. HAD a trike and trailer when he left. While driving down interstate 74 or 84, sudden traffic slow down due to a dumpster in the middle lane. Seems to have slide off some truck. Not that the traffic suddenly stopped, but just a good slow down. A Mack truck, driven by a non english speaking person, just run into the trailer, pushing the trike forward into a vehicle. A co-rider in the truck was an interpeter. Could not understand why the driver was given a wreakless drivers ticket, and augued with the cop that it was not the drivers fault because the truck did not stop fast enough. The biker and wife are ok with some pulled muscles. If on a two wheel bike they would be dead. If no trailer, who knows. The trailer tong ended up wrapped around the trucks back axle. So much for the phrase,"don't get hit by a MACK truck". Scarey issue is the truck driver!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Just another reason why it pays to be cautious out there. And it doesn't hurt to be prayed up, before we leave the house. You may put your socks on, but the undertaker may take them off! Glad they weren't hurt too bad.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Glad to hear that they weren't hurt too badly. The truck driver probably got his license from our former governor/secretary of state George Ryan. You've probably heard about the IL license for bribes. I'm amazed at the truckers who show up at the factory where I work, that can't read English; how did they get here?

·
Registered
188 Posts
as a truck driver myself i also dont understand why or how these folks that are allowed to drive our roads and cant read or speak and cant understand english.. its just baffeles me and i know i am not alone on this issue. as far as a license for these guys the majority have them from out of this country. we can all thank the NAFTA agreement for that. like folks have said glad they were not hurt any worse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts