GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't waste your money. My trailer came with one so I tried it. Took the trailer for a test ride and it was scary. Way too much play. Went to walmart and bought a ball with a very slim neck and it was like nite and day. If you were closer you could have mine. Not even worth the money to ship.

2008 NAVI

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't waste your money. My trailer came with one so I tried it. Took the trailer for a test ride and it was scary. Way too much play. Went to walmart and bought a ball with a very slim neck and it was like nite and day. If you were closer you could have mine. Not even worth the money to ship.

2008 NAVI
thanks for the very direct and honest answer

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
:eek:4: :22yikes:

·
Registered
340 Posts
hitch

I have a swivel hitch and it is worth it's weight in gold.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
:eek:4:
this hitch looks scary to me

I prefer to stay with my purpose built hitch designed for my Goldwing

·
Registered
331 Posts
That ball swivel looks scary:eek:4:. I think you will get what you pay for there.
The way i was told is that the swivel hitch was designed so that if the trailer took a bad bounce in a chuck hole or bump and fliped over then it would swivel hopfully not flipping you also. The hitch and ball should have enough movement for normal riding.:shrug:
mrwelaxn

G

·
Keep the trailer and the bike on it's wheels as intended and I can guarantee you won't need this swivel thingy! :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts