GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchasted a Dauntless hitch used from a guy and I'm wondering where
the long arms go? In between the bike frame and the saddlebag frame or behind the bike frame? I got no instructions with the hitch. Any help would be a great help. Thanks

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I like the way the Dauntless hides when not it use, but mine was ill fitting. The long arms go under the passenger foot rests. One of my arms was a bit short and made the bolt a B***h to get back in. :evil: I think it came with longer bolts for that area in addtion to all the rest of the hardware. I have the instructions out in the garage that I could probably fax if you can't figure it out. Just e-me with a fax number if the following pics don't help.

http://home.comcast.net/~ridetolive1/ws ... 04689.html

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Quickdraw said:
I like the way the Dauntless hides when not it use, but mine was ill fitting. The long arms go under the passenger foot rests. One of my arms was a bit short and made the bolt a B***h to get back in. :evil:
I had the exact same problem. I didn't want to but I ended up drilling one of the holes out oversize so I could get the bolt back in.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The long arms go between the frame and the saddle bag arms. I also had a hard time getting the right arm in place but once all installed the hitch works very well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I got the hitch on and like you I had some trouble getting it lined up. Just a very tight fit I guess. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A great big thanks to Quickdraw. That instruction sheet you sent really helped out. Any one that rides a yellow bike :yw1: will always come to your aid. From one yellow bike rider to another. THANKS :beer3:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Yer Welcome Big Guy!

I try to pay back what I got here to those who visit here.. And remember,
the yellow ones may not be the fastest, but when we are broke down on the side of the road, we get help fastest because they see us first!! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts