GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the specs on the wiring harness at the tail end if a 04 Wing? I’m installing a hitch and need the color codes and locations of the various wires.
Thanks
RW

·
Registered
810 Posts
Trailer Wiring

I'm not sure what you are looking for so if you can help us out we can help you out.

Are you looking for color codes, like yellow is right, green is running lights, brown is left? That kind of thing?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Honda color codes are brown with white stripe is running light, light blue is right turn, orange is left turn, solid green is ground and green with red stripe is brake lights. Unless you have a UK spec bike, all the wires can be found inside the rubber boot behind the panel where the rear fender is between the saddlebags.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Re: Trailer Wiring

mcallery said:
I'm not sure what you are looking for so if you can help us out we can help you out.

Are you looking for color codes, like yellow is right, green is running lights, brown is left? That kind of thing?
I agree with mcallery but I might be able to help a little. All the wires you need can be found on the little shelf like area formed by the inner rear fender at the rear of the bike right behind where the tag would be if the rear fender center piece was in place. Clear as mud, right.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
An isolated harness should be used, and the specific trailer connector would be matched to the way it was wired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts