GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a hitch rack from wingstuff.com for my new Hannigan trike and discovered it will not fit into the receiver. The trailer drawbar that came with the trike appears to be just a little smaller than the hitch rack. Is it the Hannigan hitch or the hitch rack?
Not sure if I should go looking for another rack (which also may not fit) or have this one machined down to fit into the hitch.
Has anyone else had similar problems with either the rack or the Hannigan hitch?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
It is the receiver.... It is 1 1/8 instead of 1 1/4 inch.

You will have to have the draw bar on the new rack milled down just a tad for it to fit.

Been there done that :doorag:

·
Canuck
2,844 Posts
You might want to contact Wingstuff to see if they have a solution. I had the same thing with a Packit Rak that I bought to slide into my Rivco hitch. The Packit Rak would not slide in the Rivco receiver, even though it was supposed to. I contacted the Packit Rak people and it turned out they had a run of inserts were slightly out of spec. Replaced it with a correct spec unit and it fit perfectly. (EDIT - sounds like George above might have the answer.)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hannigan makes their hitch from steel stock that has a raised "rib" on the inside. I took a long shank grinding bit and smoothed out the inside of the receiver and now at least on mine all of my standard 1-1/4" hitch bars/accessories now work, snug, but they do fit.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Had similiar hitch issues, and had to grind down edge corners. Differant hitch issue though. Could not find the "CHINA" stamp though. :popcorn:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Guess we've all had that problem... but a local machine ship just milled
down my hitch... so no biggy! Luck to ya...

·
Registered
272 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts