GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a lighted trunk handle this week. I really like the LED brake light on it. It adds a lot more light than I would have thought and I think it makes a huge difference in the visibility. I have a hitch on my bike and would like to add a light on it using my plug in for the trailer. I searched on here for some info, but I don't have much luck with the search feature. I'm sure that people here have done this, whether it is a light or lighted mud flap. I would love to see some pictures of things you have done, thanks.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If you have a 6 pin trailer connector on your bike you should have a hot lead from the 6 pin connector...My hot lead was the blue wire from my 6 pin trailer plug,I then ran that into my trailer for lights inside the trailer.

3/4 inch by 1 inch 6 way rectangle connectors right turn signal (green), left turn signal (yellow), taillight (brown), ground (white). The red and blue wire can be used for brake control or auxiliary. Use on a small motorcycle trailer, snowmobile trailer or utility trailer. Can also be used as custom wiring on trailers with 3 light/wire systems. See "Tow Vehicle Taillight Wiring"

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG....accessconnect.com/trailer_wiring_diagram.htm

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I just built and installed a strobing brake light on my 1500. (Yes, I understand that the light is not legal in most, if not all states.)

I used a piece of 1.25" box tubing and the Whelen red LED light. I cut a flat trailer light connector apart for the ground and hot leads and plugged them into the appropriate holes in my trailer light socket. I would have used the entire matching plug if I had one. Thirty seconds to put it on and 30 seconds to take it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts