GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed the order for my Champion kit. It is going to be installed on my 03 Wing. I am going to start the search for one of the luggage shelfs that slides into the trailer hitch assembley and wish to get some feed back on the best ones out there. Any ideas on brands, size, type, etc?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
If your talking about the cooler/luggage rack that goes in the receiver hitch like below, they range from 90 bucks to over 300 depending where you get it from, chrome ect. I made mine out of scrap pieces or angle iron and tubing that I had lying around, and made it the size that I wanted and not to have to settle for either too big or small. It took about 4 hours to think out , cut, weld and fit. It took longer than that to dress it up and clean it then paint. However it only cost a little time and approx $25.

You can get small pieces of this material at most scrap yards for almost nothing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what I was inquiring about. Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the Revco 18x30 aluminum rack. Not the cheapest but it is great. I figured, since it was going on a 5ft wide trike why not get the largest rack available. Since it is aluminum it is very light weight. I carry camping gear on the rack. I use a North Face Base Camp duffle (size large), which is nearly waterproof and has perfect tie downs on it. Great when we get to our camping spot, I just unstrapped the duffle and carry it over to the tent site.

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jill

Do you have a web site for Revco or a place to buy one.

Gil

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hay George will you make me one I got the $25.

Tom

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi!
Sorry but the rack is made by RIVCO. Wingstuff has them

Just google Rivco rack and you will get a lot of hits. I did not use the light kit, because on the trike it does not block the lights.

Jill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts