GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Bushtec verticle receiver hitch from an 02 fit an o6? Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Bash.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Bash, I think there is a problem with the electronics in the rear of the 06 getting in the way of the V2 Bushtec, but have not crawled under one to see. I looked at Bushtecs instructions, and they said 'all years'. but the revision date was 2003.

So you got a new wing, and not a HD?

·
Registered
365 Posts
According to Bushtec's web site, the V2 will fit any 2006 in any configuration.

However, the unit you are referring to from an 02, may not be the newer V2.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I believe there was a small change in the frame on the 05 model. Something about a slight bend someplace to give more clearance from the exhaust on one side. I tried to get a Hitch Dr for my 05 back in early 05 and they told me they had not made the change for the 05 yet. I went with a Bushtec. Therefore I would be a little cautious about trying to fit an 02 hitch on any year after 04. A call to Bushtec should give you the answer.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harry, I prayed hard and the HD fever passed. Whew! Not an 06 yet, but I'm looking. What's up with our buddy John? Drop me a note.

Bash.

BTW, I may be coming out your way next summer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just installed a Bushtec on my 06 but I bought in new from them. Looking at the instructions I think they made a few changes for the 06. The reinforcing bars that come down from under the seat have about a 90 degree bend in them and the picture only shows one. I would suggest calling Bushtec they could tell you. They might even send or sell you the new parts. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Steve, I sent them an e-mail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts