GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new HJC full face helmet today ($169).

I'll never buy another $400 Arai helmet again. This thing blows the Arai away in every way.

The shield removal system is the best I have seen on any helmet. The fit is perfect. The shield has Pin Locks for fog shields. The Silver Cool liner is removable, and the helmet actually feels lighter than my Arai Profile. It also has large ear pockets for installing headsets and a removable chin curtain and breath guards and removable cheek pads and the shield blocks UV rays.

I think HJC has a winner here. This is better than many Arai helmets selling for $500 - $600.

·
Registered
20,674 Posts
Fred have u been able to take your new HJC out for a test ride yet ?

does the faceshield remove and install as easy as on a Shoei helmet ?

if they ever come out with something like the fullface Arai XD i might try one

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I hear they are real noisy. How does the other helmets compare. I have a police seer helmet, but i think i need a 3/4 helmet with the j/m elite already installed, what do you suggest. Just want the best quality in both.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I've got a couple of HJC's a Fulmer, and Shoei. Shoei blows 'em all away for quiet and comfort. I also liked the old obsolete CL-14 but the hate the newer CL-15. They do make an excellent helmet for the price.

·
Vendor
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is totally different than the CL line. The FS-15 was awarded helmet of the year by Web Bike World.

I have ridden with it, and it is significantly quieter than my $500 Arai Profile.

You can remove and replace the faceshield while still wearing the helmet. It's that easy. Easiest removal replacement system I have ever seen on ANY helmet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts