GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HJC full face helmet that is 5 years old, so need to get a new one. I dont see the need for the modular, and am looking at the HJCFS10 which has the built in sun shield. I cant seem to find these at any of the local dealers to try. If anyone has this helmet, how is it? Is the integrated sunshield and the moisture wicking interior worth the extra $50.00 vs the standard HJC full face?

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/fs10graphics/fs10fossilmc1

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It would appear that the flip down sun shield prevents them from getting a SNELL rating as all of their FF helmets with this feature are DOT only where their "basic" FF helmets are all SNELL/DOT.

Not sure if this is important to you but I thought you might want to know. Also, unless you've tried on the helmet to see where the sun shield positions itself you may end up with an option that you won't use because it falls in your sight line and distracts you.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would appear that the flip down sun shield prevents them from getting a SNELL rating as all of their FF helmets with this feature are DOT only where their "basic" FF helmets are all SNELL/DOT.

Not sure if this is important to you but I thought you might want to know. Also, unless you've tried on the helmet to see where the sun shield positions itself you may end up with an option that you won't use because it falls in your sight line and distracts you.
Great Point, glad you mentioned the SNELL rating. I already have sunglasses that I use in my old hemlet and they work just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts