GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting an HJC I90 helmet in 3xl. My question is for people who actually have and wear the HJC I90 - How do you like it? How does it fit? I'm a big guy with big cheeks and hate helmets that clamp onto my jaws. I can't find a local dealer who has one I can try on. Any likes? or complaints? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm looking at getting an HJC I90 helmet in 3xl. My question is for people who actually have and wear the HJC I90 - How do you like it? How does it fit? I'm a big guy with big cheeks and hate helmets that clamp onto my jaws. I can't find a local dealer who has one I can try on. Any likes? or complaints? Thanks for any help.
I had the older model modular helmet (2xl) and just bought the I90 (xl). I went down one size because I was literally swimming in the 2xl. I’ve noticed the new one is more snug around the cheeks. I haven’t rode with the new helmet yet but will let you know. I purchased it from J and M in Tucson with the 801 speakers/mic setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you go to Daytona for Bike Week, there is - or used to be - a helmet shop - also called the "Helmet Shop" that usually has a mega selection to try on. Looked online and did not see it as I remembered the shop - or it moved.

Rallys are a great place to try on helmets and find what fits you best. I've gotten quite a few HJC helmets but due to the configuration of my head (long vs round), I've always had to remove some of the frontal foam for a comfortable fit. I may try an arel next time as they longer - or so i've heard.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If you go to Daytona for Bike Week, there is - or used to be - a helmet shop - also called the "Helmet Shop" that usually has a mega selection to try on. Looked online and did not see it as I remembered the shop - or it moved.

Rallys are a great place to try on helmets and find what fits you best. I've gotten quite a few HJC helmets but due to the configuration of my head (long vs round), I've always had to remove some of the frontal foam for a comfortable fit. I may try an arel next time as they longer - or so i've heard.
Boe, they did move from downtown Daytona to Ormond Beach.

The Helmet Shop

Https://www.helmetshop.com. #Biketoberfest 2020. Now located in Ormond Beach at 1370 US-1 STE 206 Ormond Beach, FL 32174. Call us at 800-630-6434

BTW, if you have a Long Oval head shape, check out the Helmets under that Category at the Helmet Shop.
Here's the link: Long Oval Motorcycle Helmets

Happy Hunting!!!~

·
Premium Member
19,966 Posts
They are DOT approved. If it fits good go for it

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have worn HJCs for 20 years. They fit my head. Bought an I90 earlier this year, XXL. The fit is good, snug without hot spots or being too tight in that size. They have several sizes of cheek pads. The ones that came with it seemed a bit loose to me, and when I talked to HJC, they recommended the next bigger size. I talked to Revzilla, where I bought the helmet, and they sent me the new set at no charge. The helmet is comfortable, quieter than earlier modulars I've had, and the Sena 50S headset speakers fit perfectly, in the correct position. Recommend.

Reactions: Boodad

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The best thing you can do to avoid buyer remorse is to find a shop that sells HJC and try one on. You-re going to be wearing this helmet for quite a while so don't take any shortcuts. I have the HJC I90 size XXL and it fits me fine. It is both quiet and light. I also have an 3/4 HJC-33 helmet that is light and fits me fine. There are certain helmets I can't wear, such as Bell, Nolan, and certain models of Scheuberth which are all tight in the temples for my head shape. I purchased from Revzilla, which as one responder already pointed out, offers free shipping on returns. My advice: Go to Revzilla's website, see how to take a measurement for the HJC line of helmets, order the one that closest matches your size, and if it fits - good; if it doesn't fit return it for the next size.

Reactions: wingpilot08

·
Registered
7 Posts
Earlier this year I bought my wife an i10, and me an f70......both of us wore a size larger than previous hjc models (10+ years old). I went from a medium to a large. The cheek pads are tight but starting to loosen up.
I bought from cycle gear, ordered several sizes and returned the others. It did cost $7 to return, but I didn’t have to run to town and fight traffic. We both love the integrated speaker and battery design for the hjc 10b communicator.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have had an I9 for about a year (I bought mine early) and really like it. It replaced a Nolan which had cost about twice as much. I have a Sena 20S EVO on it and the sound is very clear. The helmet fits well and is relatively quiet.
The i9 will use a Sena that builds into it but it is not a Sena I wanted.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
DKSlim where are you located geographically? Iron Pony in Columbus, Ohio is HUGE! They have the largest selection of helmets I've ever seen. Rows and rows of helmets. They advertise 133,000 sg. ft of motorcycle superstore. The place is HUGE!

pictures of pony motorsports

The local Cycle Gear store told me he'd order any helmet I wanted to try with no obligation to buy. He said if you don't even like the shade of the color, you don't have to buy it. They are owned by the same outfit that owns Revzilla. Plus they install your helmet communications stuff for free. Also 10% military discount.

Watch the Revzilla video on the helmet you want. They do a nice job. Anthony talks 10,000 miles an hour when he does it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I pulled the trigger yesterday on the HJC I90 in 3xl Wine Color which is very close match to my 2018 Wing. I like the fit of the helmet, the only thing I noticed riding home with it yesterday was the weight. It seems heavy compared to the Z1R Solaris I had been wearing. I think I'll get used to it quickly. Can't wait to get my Sena 20S mounted. Like you krivanj, I'm not sure I like the HJC Smart Communicator. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts