GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Symax II and had the J&M audio system (HS-BCD279-UN) installed by the dealer. The helmet fits great but the mike was right on my lips and if I opened my mouth it was in my teeth. That was with the smallest wind sock installed. I moved the mike to the side but it is still right up against my face. Any suggestions? Is there another audio system that works better in the symax II?

· Banned
7,603 Posts
My .02$:
The Headset model you have is a "Universal Fit", re,, states for open face, flip face and full face.
I suspect the installer put the mic in without removing the chin pad and cutting a hole for the mic, install the mic, then put the chin pad back in over the mic.

You should get a model that is specific for your full face helmet.

Check out http://www.sierra-mc.com/ especially the JM-HS-ECD584-FF-ELITE HEADSET FULL FACE

Hope I have not mislead you and hope this helps!

· Registered
44 Posts
Just installed edsets in two symax II helmets. They install in the plastic in the chin bar with the surface mic. Do not even come close to hitting your chin. Go to his web page and check out the install pictures. Not at all hard to install yourself. Just print out the install instructions there. Took about a hour and a half to install into two helmets.

· Registered
24,623 Posts
Modular helmets are a some of this, some of that type thing. Mine is a bit close too. Normally I just smear some toothpaste on the foam and that way my teeth are pre-brushed. :joke:.

Some other units are available, but I never found them satisfactory either, especially as in town and in slow traffic when using the CB , 99 percent of the time my flip up is flipped up. As we talk the most when going slow, in town and so on, the units that have the mic mounted in the flip, I did not like them either. So I just use the J and M, and simply move it out of my way, wiggle my nose or push it out of the way some way. Position it so it does not bug me. It will even pick up and work well positioned under your chin. Does not have to be right next to your mouth. If not using the CB I just pull it down out of the way and ignore it.

Yep mine is a bit close , but got used to it.

· Banned
7,603 Posts
Daah, sorry about that. I thought it was a full face.

I too have a flip face and I position the mic above my mouth just under the eye opening.
There is a "pocket" there that the mic fits in and doesn't hit my face. It sits just below my nose.

· Registered
467 Posts
same problem Nolan n102

I had the same problem with a Nolan and I used a Dremel tool to grind out a small area where the mike could fit into on the chin bar. I was able to continue to use the foam protector and now have plenty of room. I made the hole large enough that the mike would slip in easily and therefor it would automatically release when the face is opened.

· Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Put toothpaste on it!!!:clap2::clap2:

Shadow1

Hal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.