Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't live in Hawaii.....just visiting...lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
:cool:

Well, I'm from there but living in Vegas right now..

was wondering..any GW riders out deah??

thinking about shipping mine back there when I go back..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah man! chase those chickens around before they get blown away again.

Can't seem to understand the cost of real estate out there. Is my neck that red?

Really a neat place to visit
Bobalou

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I just moved here last month. Shipped the bike and trailer over on Pasha - $1050 for both. Real estate is high - paradise ain't cheap, but it is paradise.:thumbup:

·
Registered
880 Posts
guess you can always stay on a boat. Well that's what we did.

After visiting there I asked a young lady at one of those pearl shops... She was engaged (thought so, so I asked). Her new husband and her will stay at her parents' home and will inherit it when they pass. That's just tough when the locals are forced to do the things they do.

But then again it's a different atmoshere there in more than one way, "layed back lifestyle". Cool!!!!

Bobalou

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bobalou, Living in Hawaii is just not living in most places on the mainland. I have a friend that has 2 generations/3 houses living on one lot of land in Kaimuki.

Marcad, I'm a relocated Kama'aina, too. Texas since '84. I pig out when I get home though! Miss da food! Gary Kahn has the GoldWing rentals out there. So I know he has at least a couple of wings! Does that help?

Wanderer, Congrats on the move. Are you seriously living in Waikiki? Why? Just asking.

Alice

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Why would a long distance touring bike like a Goldwing be needed in Hawaii anyway? You can drive completely across the big island of Hawaii in any direction in under 3 hours and you can drive completely around the circumference of Oahu (where Honolulu is) in slightly over 3 hours. I've done both on a rented scooter!

You know I'm just kidding right? Actually I'm envious.

Aloha kâua! :cool:

`O wau nô me ka mahalo

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Wanderer, Congrats on the move. Are you seriously living in Waikiki? Why? Just asking.

Alice
Seriously, Waikiki. Two blocks to the worlds nicest beach and busiest golf course, restaurants galore and many, many things to do. Plus, it rarely rains here.

Wingleader09, The only other Goldwing I've seen here is another yellow 01 at one of the two Honda dealers - for some reason they can't get the rear brakes bled. Speed limits are 25-35 in town, 35-45 on county roads and 45-60 on the interstates. If I get on H1 and go the distance I get to "tour" for a whopping 45 minutes! That's what I miss about the mainland... paradise has it's drawbacks.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
visiting there is one thing
... living there is something else...

Dennis

·
Registered
58 Posts
Marcad, I'm a relocated Kama'aina, too. Texas since '84. I pig out when I get home though! Miss da food! Gary Kahn has the GoldWing rentals out there. So I know he has at least a couple of wings! Does that help?

Finally stumbeled back onto this site..sorry if I missed your reply..
Yeah, when I get home, I really get into grinding seriously!! Fortunately here in Vegas there are several "local" kine eateries here..Da wife and I eat out at least twice a week at them..Figure on going back to the islands in about 3-4 years for good..Just enjoy riding my bike round here too much right now..We still have a place in Aiea which is rented out right now so the return shouldn'dt hurt us that bad..Anyhow's, Aloha..:eat2:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have been vacationing on the The Big Island since last Sunday, not one Goldwing on the rode here. :wrong: Such nice roads to ride too.

I have to go home today. Farewell Hawaii, I shall return.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts