GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this is only beginning this week. But still squeaked in a pre supper ice cream ride ;). I now will never watch the wizard of oz the same way.that poor old wicked witch from the west melting .I now understand fully the pain she felt. Anybody know where I can work in air conditioning?? 101 in shop today and so thick with humidity I swear I heard thunder when plant manager opened air conditioned office door and yelled at me for squirting co worker with squirt gun :lol: than he got it :twisted: and this is only day one in this heat ! Humn water ballons for tuesady :shrug:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Glad I checked the board before leaving.

Gonna go for a ride to West Bend and then Jefferson and probably down by Curtis and home. Ya 300 plus in this heat but hey a tough rider can do it!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

But to be fair will be dark when I head home so not too bad right??

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
sorry to say but in this heat i just ain't got much interest in riding very far, the $20 window air conditioner that i bought at a garage sale 20 years ago is working great :yes1:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Be back in WI humidity soon!

Well I guess at least I won't feel a big change in the temps as I start heading home from NC to WI this Wednesday. A bit of a cool down here late last week and over the weekend but it's starting to inch back up again, supposed to be in the nineties toward the end of the week but I'll be home by then. No rain expected here either and things are getting pretty dry.

I checked the weather forecasts and it looks like temps will be in the mid to upper nineties going through OH, IN and southern IL Wens & Thurs. Looks like I'll be soaking up the evap vest quite often and moving as much air toward me as I can with the airwings. Worked pretty good that way on the way here so long as I kept moving!

It's been a good trip and I had a great visit with my Sis & Brother in law. Been doing a bit of riding most every day just taking in the sights and riding the back roads around Sanford and other nearby towns.

Guess it'll feel good to get back home but I'll miss the riding and being out on the open road...

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad I checked the board before leaving.

Gonna go for a ride to West Bend and then Jefferson and probably down by Curtis and home. Ya 300 plus in this heat but hey a tough rider can do it!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

But to be fair will be dark when I head home so not too bad right??
Ok smarty pants I am grabbing wife and heading down to Black River Falls for more ice cream :lol: and no slab miles either :tongue:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Humn water ballons for tuesady :shrug:

Is your shop big enough? I have a water balloon launcher that will do 300 yards . . . .

:thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
It was actually nice after the rain. Washed the bike and put my Dark Side sticker on then took wife and went for a ride. Only 2 bikes at work today. I was suprized.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It's hot in NC too!!

Hey, I am here in the NC heat with you at Ft Bragg this week.... It's hot here too!!! We'll be leaving for Knoxville Friday, then home sat and Sunday... I'm sure Carrie is going to melt!

Well I guess at least I won't feel a big change in the temps as I start heading home from NC to WI this Wednesday. A bit of a cool down here late last week and over the weekend but it's starting to inch back up again, supposed to be in the nineties toward the end of the week but I'll be home by then. No rain expected here either and things are getting pretty dry.

I checked the weather forecasts and it looks like temps will be in the mid to upper nineties going through OH, IN and southern IL Wens & Thurs. Looks like I'll be soaking up the evap vest quite often and moving as much air toward me as I can with the airwings. Worked pretty good that way on the way here so long as I kept moving!

It's been a good trip and I had a great visit with my Sis & Brother in law. Been doing a bit of riding most every day just taking in the sights and riding the back roads around Sanford and other nearby towns.

Guess it'll feel good to get back home but I'll miss the riding and being out on the open road...

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is your shop big enough? I have a water balloon launcher that will do 300 yards . . . .

:thumbup:
Great , that's all I need is help doing stupid things ;)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Each year lately seems to get worse. We have been at 100 degrees for three weeks an it is not even August yet.

I also work in the crap. Try digging up a water line at a water meter at 2 p.m with the sun boiling down. If you survive that..........you will have no interest in riding the bike in the heat on your day off, instead you will find something to do by an A/C unit.

Early of a morning my pants fit fine, by afternoon they fall off, lost 12 pounds due to water evaporation.

Squirt guns welcome, hell use the entire water hose.

You put your wallet in the truck, wet down your shirt, wrap a wet rag around your head, drink lots of water, and persevere to endure, and pray for Mid September . One day at a time, each one is dreaded.

It is hot this year, earlier than normal. Not fun for sure.

All we have is sand, but if you do find a rock , it will melt. Lol!!

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kit I have been in one factory or another my entire work career. I often wished I worked outside. I can not imagine doing it in this heat we are having in the sun no less. I will just be happy knowing it will be close to 100 when I walk in there in a few minutes and get worse with humidity rising every minute due to 2 wash tanks at 175 degrees being opened every 4 minutes . I said be HAPPY , I will be happy ,I will be happy :lol: oh well let's see if I can drink gallons of water today !! Did 1.25 yesterday :nojoke:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Kit I have been in one factory or another my entire work career. I often wished I worked outside. I can not imagine doing it in this heat we are having in the sun no less. I will just be happy knowing it will be close to 100 when I walk in there in a few minutes and get worse with humidity rising every minute due to 2 wash tanks at 175 degrees being opened every 4 minutes . I said be HAPPY , I will be happy ,I will be happy :lol: oh well let's see if I can drink gallons of water today !! Did 1.25 yesterday :nojoke:
Yep , inside heat, no air flow, know all about that one too.

Put a pressure switch on a boiler last week, in a factory. Whew......three big boilers sitting in the boiler room. Work 15 minutes and go take a break, and drink water. Geez!!

I never gripe much about cold weather, I can put on enough clothes to combat that.

Not much you can do about high heat.

That outdoor sun.......lay down a wrench and it will be too hot to pick up.

Went fishing last Sunday, came home at 10 a.m. Went to fix the boat around 2 p.m. Jumped in there and started to crawl across the deck and was standing up in a hurry, the deck was so hot it burned my knees.

Hurry up September. :joke::joke:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Yep , inside heat, no air flow, know all about that one too.

Put a pressure switch on a boiler last week, in a factory. Whew......three big boilers sitting in the boiler room. Work 15 minutes and go take a break, and drink water. Geez!!

I never gripe much about cold weather, I can put on enough clothes to combat that.

Not much you can do about high heat.

That outdoor sun.......lay down a wrench and it will be too hot to pick up.

Went fishing last Sunday, came home at 10 a.m. Went to fix the boat around 2 p.m. Jumped in there and started to crawl across the deck and was standing up in a hurry, the deck was so hot it burned my knees.

Hurry up September. :joke::joke:
I hear ya on the heat. I was a electrical lineman for 22 yrs and on days like this try putting on rubber gloves and sleeves.

My father in law lives in Walterboro SC. try not to visit in the summer for sure that is usually an Oct trip or Sept and it still gets hot:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Damn hot

Currently 104 degrees on Sicily Drop Zone on Fort Bragg, NC... Whatever... It melted! But I really feel sorry for my fellow Jumpmaster hangin in the door for 3 hours in this heat. 120mph at 1200 feet is not air conditioning!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts