GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
What did you do?
Does he not like to be photographed or something?

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I remember riding the trials...way back when....used a spanish bike...Bultaco...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys have no idea in a million years how many times I have tried to post a pic. By God I sat down and with some help from DicePilot I figured it out. I had an account I opened in 2003 I never knew about. LOL. I have some good pics I will start posting later on.

Thats a competition that we went to see Paul at about a month ago. Now you guys understand how he gets his slow speed perfection from. What a talent it takes to do that stuff he does.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Trials probably require more concentration and skill than any other form of motorcycling.. But you have to be STRONG and have STAMINA, I don't any more !! :cry:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
KA7W,
Strength and stamina :)

Yeah, you can tell I'm in great shape and strong. Wish it were true...I ride trials for many reasons but one of the main ones is the fact that I don't have to be young and/or in shape to have fun or be competitive.

It really is a finesse sport until you get to an expert level. That's why some ladies really enjoy it.

By the way, in that particular photo, I was about to do a nose wheelie while kicking the back end around to allow a 90 degree left turn then up over the rock on my left between the arrow visible thru the front wheel and the red arrow at the far right on the rock.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Bultaco..now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

They used to have a bike called the Matador...it was one sharp looking bike.

Dep

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I like watching the guys that do that kind of competition!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Dep said:
Dep
Have you seen the commercials where Bombardier (Polaris) is changing to Can Am for their powersports? That is another old name.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
That seat does'nt look very comfortable! I would suggest "stay in standing" position. LOL

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
For you guys that remember Bultaco, In 1999 a Spanish company starting making Bultaco trials bikes that sold well. At the end of their contract for the right to use the name Bultaco, the older gentleman who owned the name wanted too much to renew.

The same bike is sold today as a Sherco. Probably the second best selling trials bike.

My bike is a Montesa, another name from years ago. Only now Montesa is actually a Honda. Mother Honda bought Montesa probably 10-12 years ago.

Honda being Honda, they now produce the only fuel-injected 4-stroke trials bike. It is really a work of art. Though more expensive, the fit, finish and reliability trumps the rest.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
trialsman said:
By the way, in that particular photo, I was about to do a nose wheelie while kicking the back end around to allow a 90 degree left turn then up over the rock on my left between the arrow visible thru the front wheel and the red arrow at the far right on the rock.
I believe that after watching you in the parking lot at Wingstock.
You really left an impression on me & the wife. I keep joking to her
everytime we start to mount the wing, "Hey, wanna do some grinding
like Trialsman in the lot?" When Yellowwolf left, he did a bunch of scraping
too. You guys are good 8)

Oh yeah, she always answers NO!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
dicepilot said:
Dep said:
Dep
Have you seen the commercials where Bombardier (Polaris) is changing to Can Am for their powersports? That is another old name.
Bultaco Pursang-a good motocrosser in its day especially 74-77
Bultaco Matador-enduro/trail riding,a little dated,Penton kicked its butt
Bultaco Matador replaced by the Bultaco Frontera-good enduro model
Bultaco Alpina-trail riding/very light enduro
Bultaco Sherpa-good trials bike late 60's-mid 70s
This model was later boughtand renamed Sherco(I think)

I raced Bultacos for a while. This Spanish company went away when Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha came on strong in the 70's. I think they went away about79-80

What a good trials rider can do with a bike will blow your mind. Learn to ride slow and you will learn to ride fast.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Steven, Maybe I missed it, but I still haven't seen a pic of Cole's bike. :roll:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Would like to have tried in my younger days, just never got into it and now these bones don't want to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts