GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fifteen and a half days, we are finally back from our trip to California. We covered 7300 real (not Honda) miles. The highlights;

Rode to the top of Pikes Peak, got real light headed.

Rode 600 miles through the Rockies, including across Independence Pass with snow still on the ground.

Rode to the top of Mt. Evens, got light headed again, so did wife.

Went white water rafting in Glenwood canyon, loved it.

Rode around Lake Tahoe, beautiful.

Rode through Yosemite, hard to believe that rocks could be so big.

Rode through Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks. The river in Kings was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, the trees in Sequoia beyond words.

Rode the Pacific Coast highway from above Monteray to below Malibu, lot of construction but so beautiful still more than worth the ride. The wife almost froze, temps in the mid to low 60s. This is sunny California? Had to let her wear my heavier jacket while I rode in a long sleeve t-shirt.

Went swimming on Malibu beach. Couldn't ride all the way to California and not swim in the Pacific.

Rode to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Impressive chunk of concrete. Wife went into heat exhaustion, had to wet her down with water to keep her from passing out. Temp was 108.

Went to the Grand Canyon. Flew for an hour over it in a helicopter, then rode east along the south rim. Beyond description.

Rode up through Monument Valley to the Arches National Park. Another wonder of nature.

Total troubles on the trip, both low beams blew again while in Yosemite.

All in all an outstanding trip. It's hard to believe how beautiful our country is and how much it can change in a days ride. Can't wait to do it again in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
That's one of the reasons I love living in California. Great riding and a lot of great attractions with in a few states away.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes this is a beautiful country:agree:, give me an email when youu do the Pacific Northwest if you are in my area I will buy you and your wife lunch.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts