GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the pictures and or web site. I use to have pictures and I thought a web site of a Sear cargo trailer. Some one made a trailer that looked like the sears cargo trailer. Any body have the pictures or web site
:lol:
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Home made trailer

Both of the trailers in the prior post are good m/c trailers for light hauling. I made mine and the only difference between mine and theirs is that I extended my trailer tounge 18". I found that the trailer tends to try to sway back and forth even properly loaded, but lenghtening the tounge resloved the problem and also gave me room to mount an ice chest.

G

·
I have three posted on this site - #3 is just picture as I am still working on the trailer and haven't had time to setup the web.

#2 & 3 are using the frame from Harbor Freight - I got them at Menard's - same frame but cheaper and no shipping.

http://wingtechtips.com

G

·
Hooked up almost done!!!!!!!!!!

Pulled the tarp off the wing and hit the start button - instant success!. Battery was fully charged even after sitting dormant for 4 months.

Took the trailer off the sawhorse and slid the hitch together. I should have the wiring done today and be ready for the open road as soon as the streets clear - any day soon?
All in all it's working out pretty well, I'm debating on the need and legal requirement for safety chains as I don't use a ball hitch. I think I will stick them on just for the heck of it.
Paint was expensive - $85.00 for a pint (tek-base coat clear coat). I didn't price out factory IR red this is a color match I came up with - Napa Martin Senior 981-51815. It's real close but not close enough for small touch ups. I did paint the bike under carriage and spoiler with this color and it matches fine. I took today off from work so I should be able to finish up the wiring and odds-N-ends.

I also put wider tires on - 6" wide vs 3" that came with it. The fender and pipe idea was borrowed from my 86 camaro.

Next thing is to get the html done as far as step by step progress etc.
Pictures are a little fuzzy due to poor light.

http://www.mnwingers.com/NKwing/1800/trailer

G

·
Last Picture for a while - Trailer is finished and seeing it was modeled after a Chevy I had to add one last piece of trim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts