GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the trailer i made out of hf trailer (cut and rewelded) and a 48"truck box. so far it's working well. we use it for shopping, camping and the wisconsin breakfast meet and ride. good enought for us and it works.

·
Registered
375 Posts
NICE. You should get a lot of use out of that trailer.

What is that white suff along side the driveway? :D :D

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
no White stuff here yet woke up this morning to 65 degrees guess I will have to go for a ride.

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snoppy said:
no White stuff here yet woke up this morning to 65 degrees guess I will have to go for a ride.
36 degrees here but i'll get out and ride today sometime.
can't break the streak just becuase it's cold. 215 days straight and counting not bad for wisconsin

·
Registered
375 Posts
I guess I'm getting old. Forecast is 28 tonight, so I'll pass on the Sunday morning ride tomorrow. I have to drive the SO to the airport about noon, so it would not be the normal 5-6 hours ride anyway.

White Stuff? Glad we don't see much of it here.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
pit900,
how much does that trailer weigh empty?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That looks good. Most the weight is probably in the trailer frame with that diamond plate aluminum box. I like the idea of the weight being low. It would look great painted blue with some of those graphics to match the Wing? Looks good as is though too.
DC

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dream Catcher said:
That looks good. Most the weight is probably in the trailer frame with that diamond plate aluminum box. I like the idea of the weight being low. It would look great painted blue with some of those graphics to match the Wing? Looks good as is though too.
DC
thank you. the only thing i'm thinking of doing yet, is maybe removing the lower spring to make it ride better empty. like any leaf spring trailer it bounces a bit when empty.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice job looks like it will last a long time !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts