GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling between regions and states you tend to find variations of the same subject.
In Texas, when you enter a Home-Style Cooking restaurant, you are almost promised to find served:
Chicken Fried Chicken w/ Gravy
Chicken Fried Steak w/ gravy
Roast Beef
Green Beans
And a sourdough pastry of some kind (bread, roll) or corn bread.

What will a Homestyle restaurant in your area show on it's menu?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Pot Roast, Turkey or Meat Loaf. Homemade mashed and gravy, Corn, beets or green beans, Fresh buns, Apple pie with Vanilla ice cream, or rice or bread pudding..

Dawg

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Around this neck of the woods you will almost always find fried catfish along side the fried chicken and pot roast.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
HEDO
Thats the best avatar That i have seen on here

G

·
Hedo said:
BRATS, KRAUT, CHEESE and BEER

.......ya gotta LOVE Wisconsin !!
And not necessarily in that order....................Ha! Ha!

Also Friday night Fish fry, another the reason to go out and drink more beer.......LOL

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Whatever leftovers they've got from the night before. Wait, that's MY home cooked meals.

If in St. Louis, you've got to try toasted ravioli.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Home made Baked Beans and brown bread. Lobsta' Rolls.

I love PA (Baltimore area) scrapple. I don't know what's in it but I love it ... no no don't tell me either.

FF

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for getting my appetite working.....

I think I'll go and make myself a sandwich now.....

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Around the burg it's steak salad with the fries in the salad, cheese steak, perioges, and the biggest fish sandwich you ever saw.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Out on the road earlier last summer, we hit one of those places in Lusk, Wyoming. Oh, boy....crowded...tough to get served. Finally, they brought my meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and biscuit. I wasn't sure I wanted to eat it...waitress handled the cash drawer, cleared tables, got drinks, entered the kitchen time and again with dirty dishes. Then, I saw her grab my meal from the warming area, walk to a bin and with her bare hands grab my biscuit and throw it on the mash potatoes. They don't serve me anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Grouper!

Here in Florida, it seems that every local restaurant has Grouper. It may be broiled, fried, or mixed into a salad.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
There is no "home cooking" in South FL...only chains, franchises and fast food...if you visit us, please BRING FOOD!!! and pizza, we need REAL PIZZA down here!

·
Registered
310 Posts
What S&W Triker said!!

It really is difficult to find "home cookin" in the urban area, but in Belle Glade, Fl., which is about 40 to our west, there is the Drawbridge Cafe, that puts on a fresh made feast for lunch on Sunday!

S&W Triker; where in South Florida are you located??

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG

1 - 20 of 27 Posts