GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has heard any real release dates for the 2004 Candy Black Cherry. I realize we have heard of one showing up here and there so far, but when are they going to begin a for real supplying their dealers. When I bought my 2000 I picked it up on September 4, 99 and the dealer had two others to choose from.
Has anyone heard why Honda is holding onto the new models so long this year?
Gerald

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I was at my dealer on Saturday and the Black Cherry was on the floor along with a white one! I asked the same thing ... why so long in coming out.

Answer was (according to Gene at Middletown Honda, Middletown, Ohio) - Too many leftover 2003 Wings in inventory. Price differential is only a few hundred bucks so Honda is holding back until some more 03 inventory is gone.

The black cherry is beautiful ... :D

I was a holdout for Pearl Glacier white like my 94 SE was ... they went with Kelvinator white like my refrigerator. :(

That is all I have heard. :?: anyone know anything to the contrary?

H

·
0 Posts
I think that your dealer told you the same thing that we are hearing. 04s are just slowly dribbling out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
2004's

North Honda Motorsports in Menominee Mich. has a Black Cherry and a white on the floor also. Black Cherry is awsome. White is a little to white for my taste. :flg:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hmmm.... maybe that's why I have yet to receive my '04 which I ordered in early November. Original delivery date was 22 Nov, but that has long gone by. Then I was told I would receive the '04 by Christmas. Needless to say it wasn't under the tree. Still waiting. Have a phone call in to my dealer as I type to get world on when I may expect my '04. Deposit made....never have I experience so much trouble giving a company so much money. Honda must be rolling in so much dough that they don't need to sell motorcycles!! Maybe I should be looking at a BMW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts