GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred H. said:
Thanks for the preview Hal. Looking forward to it.
The Honda preview will be available at the Honda HRCA website around 10PM eastern for those that registered.

We will be posting the photos that Chris will be taking and posting as soon as the show is over and he can get into the big hall to photo the bikes and/or features that are new. He then has to run up to his room and post them.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arn Butt Bill said:
Do you have any "hints" yet?
I am sitting here at home waiting for info just like you guys. Honda doesn't spill the beans or the beanspiller gets squashed.

But I am looking forward to see what my 2007 ______ looks like.

Lets look at this rationally:

1. Honda tends to work on a 5 year cycle

2. The most new bikes I have ever seen in one year was 4 "new" models. Not just repaints or new gadgets on an existing bike. Bur completely new bikes.

3. So where are the holes in Honda right now? VTX is 5 years old and needs a redo. Gold Wing just got a small redo last year. Honda needs a Mule type vehicle and how about a 2 seat ATV like others have? They need to replace the Blackbird so that they have a big cc sportbike like the Hayabusa or the Kawasaki 1400? Sportbikes are okay but Honda needs to match Suzuki and Yamaha once and for all instead of always being 2 years behind. Maybe a bigger ATV just to keep the ATV dealers happy.

4. Here are my predictions:

A new big cruiser with no Turbo. Probably gonna be belt drive.

Mule type vehicle

New Blackbird

And maybe a new naked sportbike of some European model that has been around for a while.

And maybe some upgrades to the ST1300 to catch the Yamaha.

Thats it.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Here are my predictions:

A new big cruiser with no Turbo. Probably gonna be belt drive.

Mule type vehicle

New Blackbird

And maybe a new naked sportbike of some European model that has been around for a while.

And maybe some upgrades to the ST1300 to catch the Yamaha.

Mass-producing the Hedo 'stealth' version GL1800 8)

Thats it.
There ya go folks..............you heard it here FIRST.

Now.........go to bed !!! :lol: :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jolly Jim said:
" He then has to run up to his room and post them."

Hope Chris can run fast. :excited:
And its not a short run. I think the hotel is the Mandalay Bay (but my memory could be fading).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
The Honda preview will be available at the Honda HRCA website around 10PM eastern for those that registered.
My e-mail says "at 8:00PM (Pacific Time), the event starts!" which should be 11PM Eastern time, correct?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SPF 0 said:
[quote="Hal @ Honda Direct Line":dbwes81r]The Honda preview will be available at the Honda HRCA website around 10PM eastern for those that registered.
My e-mail says "at 8:00PM (Pacific Time), the event starts!" which should be 11PM Eastern time, correct?[/quote:dbwes81r]

They must have put you on the second shift to ease the server load.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doh! It's way past my bedtime! I wonder if I can read about it before then.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
SPF 0 said:
SPF, You have an '07 Goldwing in your sig block. Are you definately going to buy one or is that the front runner on your wish list pending features and such?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SPF 0 said:
Actually I got my times screwed up. The dealer show starts at 7PM pacific and the HRCA at 8PM pacific. So I should at least have some e-mails from the scene before 8PM.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is one of the few times that being in the Pacific time zone pays off. The rest of the time, we are 2 or 3 hours behind the curve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ain't it funny! A bunch of grown men waiting in breathless anticipation like young kids on Xmas eve! And I'm one of them!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First new bike:

New shadow 750 spirit
Shaft drive

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Next new bike:

Are you ready for this- - - - - -

VTX1800 Tourer

Comes with factory llleather bags
On a retro frame
Comes with backrest &nd a shield

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Japanese President of Honda says there will be 5 new models tonight.

Jacket manufacturer Power Trip is producing a new VTX jacket.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts