GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions of Honda accessories that I should think about purchasing with the 22% discount Honda of Russellville is offering with the purchase of a 2014 Gold Wing. I'm thinking of passenger arm rests. Any other items that make sense vs 3rd party accessories?

I'm assuming Honda accessories tend to be price inflated.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Trunk spoiler

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
CB Radio, and the antennae, definitely, Passenger Armrests for sure (my GF really likes them), Fog Lamps maybe (others are so much less expensive that even with 22% discount others are still significantly less expensive), Rear Spoiler absolutely, If you can get them to throw in a 2010 front cowl (round fog lamp holes) . . . even better still! Maybe even a case of Oil Filters? Sounds like you have a good deal working here! Oh, how about the 48 month extended warranty? If you can get that thrown that in for anything like $500 it'd be worth it, if only for the resale value that it adds to the bike . . .

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Definitely a Spoiler (then add a Kisan tailBlazer modulator during install). I can't make myself buy into 30 year old technology with a CB, especially with what they charge. Besides, I don't ride with anyone else, so nobody to talk to.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I'm looking for suggestions of Honda accessories that I should think about purchasing with the 22% discount Honda of Russellville is offering with the purchase of a 2014 Gold Wing. I'm thinking of passenger arm rests. Any other items that make sense vs 3rd party accessories?

I'm assuming Honda accessories tend to be price inflated.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you have a wing now or are you buying one? If you're just getting one, I would suggest riding it for a season and finding out what "YOU" need or want. Take small sips of the Kool-Aid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As said before - the trunk spoiler. The brake light makes a huge difference in lighting the rear for safety. I also added the Tail Blazer to make it pulsate at stops. Besides that it looks good.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If the discount is off of MSRP you may not be saving very much. Check Whittier Fun Center and Service Honda with the Accessory part numbers. You may be surprised at the prices you can get (and no sales tax and not included in your taxable/financed purchase total).

Now if they are throwing in free installation then that sweetens the deal.

Most of the Honda accessories are very easy to install and DIY capable.

Good Honda accessories:
CB/Antenna (although outrageously priced)
Spoiler (nice part and excellent paint match)
Trunk and Saddlebag floor mats (nice fit and finish, better than generic ones but still expensive)

Honda accessories I don't care for:
Foglights (expensive and can't get replacement lights if one breaks) Try Bike MP3 or Electrical connection.
12v outlet-much cheaper from Electrical Connection.
Trunk light (incandescent bulb and blocked by trunk contents, much better version available at EC)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Honda fog lights. I have had both Honda and Electrical connection and I definitely prefer Electrical Connection. If your gonna talk, a CB is a must. While I have had the Honda antenna, I prefer the Sierra antenna. It is combined with the radio therefore you need only the one. Much cleaner look. Get the Honda brand mats. Much better than the Generic ones. That is why the higher price. In general, while the Honda parts are higher priced, in most instances when observed next to the generic ones, they are of superb quality. When your talking 22% off that really sweetens the pot! By the way, Electrical Connection is owned by a member of this board and he builds some pretty nice stuff for the wing.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Definitely a Spoiler (then add a Kisan tailBlazer modulator during install). I can't make myself buy into 30 year old technology with a CB, especially with what they charge. Besides, I don't ride with anyone else, so nobody to talk to.
And the EC multifunction light so that you have brake and turn signals. Anything to be more conspicuous from the rear!

I totally agree that the Honda CB is way overpriced, and yes it is old tech, but it is still the most common way to communicate on the road. Plus it has the advantage of being able to get traffic info from people other than those on motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Honda accessories I got with my bike (mine is an 05 level 1):
CB with passenger controller and antenna
Front fender extender
Luggage rack (it is pretty small, but it's what I wanted, does what I want and looks good)
Exhaust turndowns
Heated grips
Service manual CD

Hondaline accesories are very high quality, no problems after 8 1/2 years.

Some important aftermarket stuff I soon added;
Electrical connections 55w fog/driving lights and EC fuse block
Mic-mutes
Belly pan
Kury highway pegs then switched to Mic-o-pegs
Brake light modulator
Wingrider trunk support
Baker mirror wings
Butler cups
Zumo 550

1 - 15 of 15 Posts