GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010, NAV, ABS, NO CD. Is there a harness in the trunk or under the seat ready to accept this? Will my thumb controls allow me to manipulate the Ipod? Can I see what is playing on the dash display?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
2010, NAV, ABS, NO CD. Is there a harness in the trunk or under the seat ready to accept this? Will my thumb controls allow me to manipulate the Ipod? Can I see what is playing on the dash display?
There is a harness under the seat to accept this adapter as the CD player. You can put your ipod on shufle and scroll through songs and adjust volume with your handlebar CD controls but the 08 display will only show that you are playing a CD. It will not show song or artist information on the display. I can not speak for the 10 functions but I assume they are the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a harness under the seat to accept this adapter as the CD player. You can put your ipod on shufle and scroll through songs and adjust volume with your handlebar CD controls but the 08 display will only show that you are playing a CD. It will not show song or artist information on the display. I can not speak for the 10 functions but I assume they are the same.
Thanks much. Do you know if I can set it to specific playlists (before tossing the Ipod in the trunk) and shuffle thru that preset playlist?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thanks much. Do you know if I can set it to specific playlists (before tossing the Ipod in the trunk) and shuffle thru that preset playlist?
Yes you can. I am too lazy to organize mine that much and just shuffle through them all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts