GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are contemplating this jacket in Silver/Black for summer wear. Three questions:
1. Are they any good?
2. Before I order them how are they sized. I normally take a large jacket and how do you size a woman's. Since we have to order on line I do not want the hassle of returning them if they do not fit.
3. Where are te lowest prices?
My passenger is 5' and normally wears a ladies large vest or jacket.
Are the sleeves overly long???
I saw a Poll on this Jacket on the site I was going to order from and it was 90/10 in favor. But I would rather ask you experts.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Forever Young said:
1. Are they any good?
I've done some research on these jackets. I'm concerned that little or no information is available on their abrasive-resistant qualities.

Maybe somebody can enlighten all of us...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Be nice to hear from someone with experiance on these jackets.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Jackets

Both my wife and myself have these same jackets in the same color. The jackets are of very good quality, the fit is great, sizing is the same as you would use for any other jacket....the material is tough but flexible and feels good. We wore these evey day on our Wing Ding and eastern states tour last summer and were very happy with them, you will remember it was quite hot and muggy down there. BEST PRICE was with Hal on this board when he ran the Memorial Day Sale. You will not be disappointed. IMHO

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I already replied to this on your trike posting, sorry for repeating myself, but in case you didn't see it: for me the jacket is made small...I wear a medium in women's and needed an XL in this, so try it on of you are able. Other than that, I really like it. Good quality and appears that it would do its job if needed. Also would buy it from HDL, as they have the best prices and I like to support our sponsor (mine was a gift). Oh, the sleeves are just a bit long, but there is velcro at the cuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts