GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 GL1800 Comfort, Nav, ABS, and have a question. I've never hooked up earphones, and wonder what they would offer other than playing the stereo and nav commands in the helmet:shrug:. For example, is an intercom built in to the Honda nav/audio system:chat:?

And, any suggestions as to the best helmet systems to buy, to gain intercom and decent sound?

The owners manual is in the bike, in the garage, under the cover....

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
It always amazes me when someone who has purchaed a new bike knows nothing about it, THE DARN DEALER SHOULD HAVE GONE OVER EVERYTHING, with you, yes it has an intercom built in, all the operations of the sound system and the bike are in the owners manual, the only real advantage to the headphones is the ability to hear in the helment and the sound quality is much better without the wind noise, if you have a CB and ride in a group you can also talk over the CB and to your passenger over the built in intercom system, kind of nice, any more questions you have will always be answered here but may I say get your owners manual out and READ it cover to cover, it will tell you all the things your worthless dealer failed to go over with you, good luck and happy trails or twisties or hwy:congrats:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sounds like I'd better bundle up and head for the garage to dig out that manual!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
During PMS the OM should be right next to the throne. Read often, you would be amazed at some of the tidbits riders miss out on. :coffee1:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What/where do you buy the speaker/microphone to install in the helmet? Is this a standard Honda part?

It's still too cold to go to the garage, uncover the bike, open the trunk and get the manual...

Thanks,

·
Registered
216 Posts
J&M and EdSets are the leading headset maunfacturers: Google them and research their site and see what you can find.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What/where do you buy the speaker/microphone to install in the helmet? Is this a standard Honda part?

It's still too cold to go to the garage, uncover the bike, open the trunk and get the manual...

Thanks,
check on wingstuff seem to have some good deals:congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
Boy, you guys are being a tad harsh. Looks like PMS is really starting to set in. We need spring.

You can add Air Rider to the list of good headsets. And yes, Honda does have an OEM headset. It is made by J&M.

Just stay away from Chatterbox.

If you are only interested in listening to music, and don't care about a mike, you can use earbuds. Electrical Connection and a couple of other places sell adapters for earbuds. You can also buy the Edsets without a mike.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
db

It is 23F here this am and I will be not only going to the garage but riding to work...so go get your owners manual and take a good read with it

Yes your motorcycle has an intercom.....what do you get by putting a "sound system" in your helmet

you can hear music from the radio, XM, iPod or whatever other gizmo you may attach........you can talk with your passenger (some prefer not to have this option....I personally like to take a nice ride with the wife as it gives us to talk uniterrupted by life's annoyances)

The Honda oem headsets are made by J&M but are the lower quality....get the J&M Elite set....it is well worth the money
Others prefer the Ed Sets...while I have not personally experienced them, I am quite satisfied with the J&M....it is a personal preference

As a new owner and new to the boards...don't ask about crush washers, type of oil, when to change oil, when to change the drive oil, nitrogen in your itres or which tire is best for the Goldwing HAHAHAHA:joke:

Now go hav fun with your new motorcycle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody:bow:!!

I've ordered two sets of the J&Ms :excited: from Wingstuff :superman1: and look forward to installing them in our Scorpian full face helmets.

The other thing I was wondering about is using car tires....:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The other thing I was wondering about is using car tires....:22yikes:

Depends on what kind of car you have:wrong:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
READ THE COT DANG MANUAL !!! Jeez , Manufactures spend millions of dollars writing manuals on a 7th grade level...and people still can't set the clocks on their vcr's .

People buy 50,000 cars and don't read the manuals.....JEEZ !!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, and it's that damn 7th grade level the loses me everytime:wrong:. Why did they pick 7th grade; why not 5th grade:thumbup:, so we could all read it???

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have an '07 GL1800 Comfort, Nav, ABS, and have a question. I've never hooked up earphones, and wonder what they would offer other than playing the stereo and nav commands in the helmet:shrug:. For example, is an intercom built in to the Honda nav/audio system:chat:?

And, any suggestions as to the best helmet systems to buy, to gain intercom and decent sound?

The owners manual is in the bike, in the garage, under the cover....

Thanks,
That depends on your EARS! That is something you need to find out for yourself-Get dressed and go out to a MC shop and test 'em out.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
READ THE COT DANG MANUAL !!! Jeez , Manufactures spend millions of dollars writing manuals on a 7th grade level...and people still can't set the clocks on their vcr's .

People buy 50,000 cars and don't read the manuals.....JEEZ !!
I agree. If I spent $20,000 on a super-duper whizzmobile I would want to read everything about it that I could get my hands on.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have red mine from the new 08 in the barn, but it has been raining out now that it's up in the 40's & don't want to get it muddy(live on a dirt road) not able to take that first ride yet.:-(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts