GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Article in yesterday's Globe & Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... uery=honda

Just think, do you want to have to go to a large Car Dealership and deal with a car salesman to buy your Gold Wing or snow blower or generator ? How much attention do you think you will get from a car dealership when you want to buy a $200 weed trimmer? How about the service dept, will; they have a fully trained motorcycle technician on staff to fix your bike and generator ?
Think about the ATV owner coming off the trail with his muddy Rubicon and dirty clothes going into a Acura dealership to get his broken ATV fixed so he can go back out hunting the next day. Will he be well received at the classy dealership ?

I think this is a bad move on Honda Canada's part, it may work in a densely populated area like Toronto but not in less populated areas accross the country. Hopefully motorcycle and ATV owners will express their opinion to Honda Canada.

·
Registered
589 Posts
BMW did that in Edmonton as I recall. I visited their "all in one" dealership once. I was looking at an RT. The salesman couldn't even spell motorcycle. I asked if there was anyone who rode them that sold them...nope. I haven't been back.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I wonder if that means the salesman will want to ride 'bitch' on the back when you take a 'wing out for a test ride. :twisted:

This was probably brought to us from the same genious that figures Canadians won't mind spending 12 to 19% more (in addition to the current exchange rate) just buy from a Canadian dealer. :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought my 06 wing from one of these new dealers Classic Honda. They have salesman just for the bikes and other honda stuff {pumps' lawn mowers}. They let me take out a wing by myself told me to be back in an hour. The stand alone Honda dealer had someone follow with you. They do have bike mechanics with a garage just for bikes. Not that I plan on using them unless it's warranty work. But they lack in any options being on display just a few in the parts counter. I bought from them because they had the best price.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Cal-D said:
Think about the ATV owner coming off the trail with his muddy Rubicon and dirty clothes going into a Acura dealership to get his broken ATV fixed so he can go back out hunting the next day. Will he be well received at the classy dealership ?
Very good point. It will be interesting to see how a situation like that will be played out. Honda has some really stoooopid ideas sometimes and this is one of them. They are attepting to do this with their "Powerhouse" dealers here in the states. They just can't strong arm the dealers here in the states and pull a bike dealers franchise like they appearently are doing in Canada. I'd really like to meet the genius at Honda who came up with this concept.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Interesting concept, but not too well thought out.

I wonder how Honda will explain this to their motorcycle and small engine dealers. They're the ones that will get screwed.

And I wonder if they are testing the waters here in Canada, with the goal of eventually doing it elsewhere? Like south of the border?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
We have one in Oregon. Honda World in Coos Bay is a car - bike - generator - ATV - mower - dealer, with seperate shops for cars and small engine/bike. Also seperate showrooms for cars and small engines, but the billing and parts departments are common.

And after hearing the horror stories of other Honda dealers, I would have to rank either side of this place close to the top of customer service. So, I do not see a problem with combining them - works fine here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts