GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
It mounts in the area "below" the trunk - yes, it is plug 'n pray in that you don't have to cut and splice wires. BUT it is a fairly involved job for a first timer. Plan on about 4 to 8 hours depending on level of ability....

73 de Ken H.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The CB wiring comes with the radio. You have to install it all, fom the trunk up to the radio connection which is under the top shelter. The radio fits in the bottom of the trunk under a floor panel.

There is some good info here--

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1800CBfitting.htm

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just a matter of following instructions and it does involve a few hours of disassembly and reassembly. Probably the best advice is to mark your bolts and screws so that you match them back to the places you took them out of (especially on the top cover). I installed the Sierra antenna with mine and from what I've read from some on the workability of the Sierra antenna I was especially interested in trying it out. I am happy to report being able to converse with a number of truckers while taking a 50 mile trip and not only did they come in extremely clear I was told by a couple of them that they could also hear me loud and clear.
By the way, my FM worked fine, but as warned the AM reception was not all that good. Not a problem because I am happy listening to the FM and my satellite radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts