GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
NO, It will not play the mp3 format. But I have recorded in standard format by "burning" CD's on my computer and they work fine in the player. I have yet to have the unit skip. Owned this unit since 2002 and use it constantly on my rides. I do have a XM radio and Ipod, but for my personnal preferences, I like the built in CD player, it sounds great. Others on this board may differ in opinions. This is just mine.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yes it fits in with the CB radio.

Be sure you get the new mounting bracket for it.

I did have the unit changed under warrantee on my 01. (pre new mounting bracket). It locked up while trying to change disks while on a very back dirt washboard surface. (construction)

Learned not to switch over to XM when on bumpy roads.

My 04, with new bracket worked well but occasionally would lock up while changing disks. I would merely switch to another disk, let it play a minute and then switch back. All ok.

No problems with the 07 but I only have 5K miles so far.

Sounds better than the radio or XM.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
You can't beat the sound of the CD changer, I agree. Still, I listen to my iPod almost exclusively, because I love having so many songs along for the ride. Variety is the spice of life, and I never know what's going to come up next in shuffle mode. Using the adapter from EC improves the sound quite a bit, IMHO, and the quality difference doesn't bother me that much with all the other noise of traffic, the road, wind, etc.

It's been about a year now, and the 'new' still hasn't worn off, but I may eventually get back to CD's...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the info. Helps alot in deciding to go to CD or mp3 player. Thanks again. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts