GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on this forum ,some negative listings on this CD.I met a guy the other day with a 03,who has a need to put everything on his bike,and he said the best thing was the Honda CD player.Is it good are bad?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a 2001 and so I had the first model replaced 8 or 9 times...I lost track. After they found the problem with the mounting system, and modified it, I haven't had any trouble.
I use it alot along with the XM radio and I like it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
03 CD player

I also have the updated mount and CD player from HONDA. Not a bad install and works great. Have had no problems except a very slight skip occassionally. It isnt actually a skip as much as a blip. The only way to go.

·
Registered
337 Posts
cd player

Although very pricey (in my oppinion) I really enjoy the Honda CD player I bought for my 2003. It has an awesome mounting system that does work! I have been down some very rough roads and have never experienced a skip. Another bonus is that it must have a built in amp because I have to lower the volume by about 6 when going from the radio to CD. I still have to change to better speakers though.

YES, I am very pleased with the quality, so far (6 months) and wouldnt do without it. :beer3:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have had the original Honda OEM 6 disc changer installed since my bike was new in Feb '01. It has blipped (good description, pauton) 2 or 3 times. I also enjoy that it is an integrel part of the Honda sound system.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have had the CD and original mount since day one and have had no problem whatsoever. I think I paid more for mine than most of you, hence I got a good one..... :lol: (just kidding).

Bulldog

·
Chard Member
13,046 Posts
Okay...I'll be different! I wouldn't have another Hondaline CD changer on one of my 18's. A real PITA to change the disc. I keep too much "junk" (good Junk though) in my trunk. It would take forever to empty my trunk so I could get to the changer. The disc's are also bulky to haul around and store.

If the CD changer from Honda was $150 and the mini disc I have was $150, I would still buy the mini.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the cd player in my 01, had it replaced once -- (jammed 2 times before replacement and once after - I fixed the last jam) -- then I got a new mount and haven't had any problems since. If I had to do over I wouldn't buy it as I would get an mp3 player (ipod) that can hold a zillion songs and just put it on random play.

royal

·
Registered
191 Posts
I looking at the IPod and the Sony MP3 player, anyone have a preference between these two? Pros and cons for either one of them?

.. Sue

·
Registered
569 Posts
MP3

I like the iPod. One advantage is the available wireless RF remote. I have tested mine and with the iPod in the left front pocket, the remote works fine.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Honda CD feeder...If you give me one, I will throw it away!

Between disk feeders (like the Honda changer) and cartridge changers, I will never ever buy another disk feeder (single CD excluded) changer unless it is going in my house. Too many moving components for shifting trays and lens up and down to handle rough roads. Many of my CD's were toasted from a bump slamming the playing disk into the other trays. My car is also a disk feeder and it skips more often than my Sony Xplode that I now have in the bike (10 disk cartridge & plays MP3's). FM modulation is a small price to pay to not have to replace $10-$15 CD's every 6-8 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the iPod. it fits in the left pocket... plugs into aux plug. Can get wireless remote, the 15 gig holds 300 CDs ...try carrying That many CDs in your trunk.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Ipod vs mp3

We have Ipods in both of our bikes and love them. Still waiting for our wireless remotes, they must have gotten a bunch of orders. It is a bit time consuming loading the songs into the music match library. The 10 gig will hold 2500 songs, we only have 500 loaded so far. On random you can go all day and not hear the same song twice.
Had a power problem with one and Apple just shipped us a new one.
Good stuff !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts