GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Canuck
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be working in GA most of next week. If I get some free time would like to drop by a Honda shop or two. Can anybody make any recommendations? Will be in Savannah and Atlanta mainly.

TIA

·
Canuck
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dawg, appreciate that. Do you have experience with any of these dealers? I also googled Honda m/c shops in Georgia, but then realized I don't know them from Adam. If it's anything like here, there are some good dealers, and some not-so-good dealers. Hoping to find out who's good. Not planning on buying anything, but a little window shopping never hurts.

·
Registered
479 Posts
while in atl. check out Lawrenceville honda on Ga 316. Bought mine there. good shop. dmk
+1 didn't buy mine there but several of my friends did and they have been treated fairly, they have a good reputation for goldwing service:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
You'll be between Honda in Douglasville and Honda in Woodstock. Not a lot of extras at either place. Maybe Douglasville will have the most.

·
Registered
378 Posts
while in atl. check out Lawrenceville honda on Ga 316. Bought mine there. good shop. dmk
Lawrenceville Honda did the frame recall/reweld on my '03. I can't say enough good about the folks in their service dept. They were absolutely awesome. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2012 GL1800 Navi,XM ,ABS. Black and Silver
101 Posts
+1 Lawrenceville Honda. Good folks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honda dealers in GA

I use Cycle Nation in Mc Donough, Ga You can see it from I-75

·
Canuck
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lawrenceville Honda

For those who replied Lawrenceville Honda - A HUGE THANK YOU! I hit a good-sized rock on I-75 the other day, and bent my front rim. It still holds air, but down to about 31 psi. This morning I called five or six dealers and nobody has a wheel in stock. Lawrenceville Honda said they could have one couriered overnight, and have me back on the road tomorrow afternoon. Works out perfectly because I have morning visits in Atlanta and Marietta. Then over to Lawrenceville. Should be on my way to Cherokee and the BRP pretty close to schedule.

Also works well because I have had a slow leak in the front tire - been losing about 1 lb./day. Therefore, as an added precaution I've been carrying a spare front tire in the trailer. Might as well kill two birds with one stone and get a new wheel and tire installed.

Thanks again for the Lawrenceville Honda recommendation. Chris & Ray (service & parts) were great on the phone, and responded immediately to my "crisis".

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad to hear you got it covered.

·
Canuck
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The story had a happy ending. Lawrenceville Honda ordered in a new rim. Did exactly what they said they would and when they said they would. They also found a pin-hole leak in my tire (I had been losing 1 lb/day before bending the rim), so they installed the spare tire tire I was carrying "just in case". Great shop. Thanks again for the recommendation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts