GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am at the end of my 7 year warranty and have the GW in the local dealer to have the Navigation system checked again, It will run great for a couple of hours then starts to go into OFF route re-routing routine, Shows I am 2 miles off the highway I am on. The dealer stated that mother Honda does not cover the Navigation on the factory extended warranty but when I checked what was not covered on their website it was not listed as not covered, Accessories are not covered but the Nav is a factory installed option not an add on accessory, anybody else have this type of technical problem with off course? also anyone been rejected under the Honda extended warranty for their navigation system after the factory warranty expired.

Last thing is when I was in Southern CO and Utah everytime I washed my bike ( 4 to 5 times) both headlights would get foggy inside, never had that problem here in GA but the temp in UT and CO was in the 90's and very dry, anyone have this problem with their headlights and how was it resolved?

As always everyone is great and your input is much appreciated!!

Thank you, Stewart TwoWheelOnly

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I had the Navigation LCD replaced under extended warranty. That screen also displays bike functions and the odometer so it isn't exclusive to the NAVI. So I guess it would depend exactly what the problem is.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My extend warranty booklet states specific items not covered,

Batteries, audio equipment, accessories and tires........

Replacement of expendable maintenance items including, but not limited to,

Spark Plugs
Filters
Coolant
Gaskets
Hoses
Belts

No were does it exclude the Nav System....

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
have you updated maps 99 bucks includes firmware

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I couldn't find it either.. Thanks for the info!

My extend warranty booklet states specific items not covered,

Batteries, audio equipment, accessories and tires........

Replacement of expendable maintenance items including, but not limited to,

Spark Plugs
Filters
Coolant
Gaskets
Hoses
Belts

No were does it exclude the Nav System....

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Not yet but will when I get the bike back from the dealer
The other think is the GPS antenna is under the windshield and the wire is routed from there back to the trunk I would make sure the antenna is still sitting in a oem position and not on its side this to would give you a incorrect reading.
Also check the wire from antenna wire to GPS unit for damage. If you can install a known good antenna it takes a lot of hits being I the front of bike just above forks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts