GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received in the mail the extended warranty for my 2006... After looking at all the exclusions and loop holes Wondering is the warranty extention worth the dollars???? If so is it worth the dollars of 4 years? :shrug:

·
Registered
200 Posts
all I can say is YUP.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Yes, it is worth it. Alternator replaced at 105,000 on ext. warranty. Looked up cost on HDL site, $275.00 for alt. plus labor away from home. Total repair cost $35.00 for overnight shipping. Don't leave home without it!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well I do not know where you got your warranty, but I got mine right here on this site, was only like $400 bucks and some change. Now I have peace of mind for the next few years. If for some reason I were to develop serious problems and have to ride my Harley and turn my hat around backwards for awhile, it would recover its cost in about the first two hours in a shop. Normally I do my own work, but something might come up, that I would want documented, so I would use it.

Very wise to purchase the warranty, especially for the price Hal sells it for.

Kit

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Those that have bought it--Think it's a good thing to have--Those that have not bought think it is a waste of money.

It's your choice. Make one and stay with it.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Just received in the mail the extended warranty for my 2006... After looking at all the exclusions and loop holes Wondering is the warranty extention worth the dollars???? If so is it worth the dollars of 4 years? :shrug:
I am in the same boat as you. My O6 is coming up to the point where I have to either get the warranty or take my chances. Mine has had the "Jumped out of 5th back into 4th gear" problem several times and I just don't trust the tranny. The only problem is Florida won't allow us to purchase extended warranties out of state, so I will have to pay $800 for one.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I got my money back at least twice over on my 01. i say its a great investment, OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Johnacman, if you have the problem with the tranny i would think it would be worth while to buy the extended warranty based on that. my warranty has expired and i am on my own. I keep a thousand dollar contingency fund for break downs. so far for two years i have not had any problems

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Just curious what Honda is charging for their warranty? Bought mine from Hal years ago......paid for itself several times...........

D

·
0 Posts
I purchased the Extended Warranty offered by Southern Honda in Chattanooga because it covers all of the electronics for the term of the warranty.

I'm told the Honda Extended Warranty has limited coverage on Electronics.

My 2cents.:joke:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jburd::: Honda for the 4 years is charging $950.00...Looked at Hals site it is a great deal..... I am sure I will purchase it from him...

·
Registered
20,685 Posts
very happy that i bought the extended warranty !

when i bought mine Honda had a $100 rebate thing going on which made it even a better deal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts