GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any-one has these air deflectors please tell me about the installation and quality. Would you recommend these? How do they look on your bike? Is there anything I should know that would prevent me from buying these? :?: :?

Thanks,
Hawkeye

·
Registered
119 Posts
Honda Air Deflectors

I saw these mounted on a bike in a local shop. The mounting hardware is better than average quality, the fit on the bike was typical Honda. The first thing I noticed was the thickness of the plastic parts. They were quite thin and flexible. Not sure what material they are made from, but it would seem to me they would vibrate and move quite a bit going down the road at speed.

I went with the Show Chrome / Big Bike parts and pleased so far.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I have a set on my bike. Good quality, easy to mount, very nice fit, expensive. The plastic is clear, and when mounted the lowers swing in and out. I think they are real decent. I think they look a little better than some of the other aftermarket tack ons, but thats in the eye of the beholder.

Because I love to tinker, I got four bits worth of shaded plexiglas and made new fairings just a little wider than the stockers, and made the lowers just a little shorter so they would not touch my shins when in the scoop position. Then I added some LEDs for a added touch, but took those off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts