GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HONDA FURY around 20.000 cruiser mag is saiying that the fury is coming out in 2010 and going to sell for around 20,000. but its only going to have the vtx 1300 motor. thats to much money for a 1300cc bike .

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I think it will be around $16,000. Yamaha has a similar bike the Raider, forget what it was last time I looked but was under 16.

Nice bike for sure, I like it. But the 1800 has me spoiled, do not think I could ride the Fury all day without a bottle full of tylenol.

Kit

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's rediculous! I predict they'll be on the showroom floors just like the Rune. The fury is more like a 12K bike to me. :shrug:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's rediculous! I predict they'll be on the showroom floors just like the Rune. The fury is more like a 12K bike to me. :shrug:
i agree with that 12,000 is all its worth to me. at that price[12,000] i would get one,:agree: but its too small of a bike for me .

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,996 Posts
I think it will be around $16,000. Yamaha has a similar bike the Raider, forget what it was last time I looked but was under 16.
This new Honda is not even in the same class as a Yamaha Raider....and what is Honda thinking coming out with a chopper like bike with only a 1300cc engine and a shaft drive....shaft drives belong on touring machine, not cruisers. Drive shafts are ugly on a cruiser. Cruisers look so much better with belt drive....Yamaha and Kawasaki get it and are in touch with what people want in a cruiser, Honda still doesn't and neither does Suzuki.... one would think after the failure of the VTX1800, Honda would do better....Honda could do better.

I can't imagine anyone spending 14K on a 1300cc chopper style cruiser with a drive shaft. The bike looks like a 9.5K bike to me.

·
Love The DCT
12,154 Posts
If I were in the market for one, it certainly would not be the Fury. The Star Raider would be my choice. Unless there is some serious get up and go in the Fury's 1300 motor, the Raider is going to suck the paint and any plasticized chrome right off the Fury as it motors right by it.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
At 20,000. I can't see them selling many...a friend has a Raider and it's a kick butt bike....1900 CC motor, so the Fury is not in the same league.

I think Honda is a day late and a dollar short on this move.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
This new Honda is not even in the same class as a Yamaha Raider....and what is Honda thinking coming out with a chopper like bike with only a 1300cc engine and a shaft drive....shaft drives belong on touring machine, not cruisers. Drive shafts are ugly on a cruiser. Cruisers look so much better with belt drive....Yamaha and Kawasaki get it and are in touch with what people want in a cruiser, Honda still doesn't and neither does Suzuki.... one would think after the failure of the VTX1800, Honda would do better....Honda could do better.

I can't imagine anyone spending 14K on a 1300cc chopper style cruiser with a drive shaft. The bike looks like a 9.5K bike to me.
Remember the Honda 1100 VT shadow(I might have the VT wrong) I had one for a long time, it was a nice eye appeal bike. That is my opinion of the new Fury, it is a nice looking bike and will appeal to many younger riders. It appeals to me still, not that I will ever buy one, I am spoiled now, and would not want to sit on the Fury or the Raider for a weekend run.

Everything is high, they are toys not a necessity, so they get as much as they can get, and I think a realistic price, who knows, will just have to wait and see. A yamaha V star 1300 is much less than our assumed prices.

And yep the raider is a neat bike. And a full of power one, I have rode it.
But do not want that one either for more than a two hour ride. Even my sons ST1300 works on me on a long day run. With the wing I sit back with my handlebar risers, comfy seat and mic-o-pegs and windshield and enjoy the ride. But I sure did like those kinds of bikes when I was younger, and that is the market they will go to I think. Something for everyone, and all of them cost too much.

Kit

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have always liked the chopper look, Big Dog, Custom V Twins, whatever it might be, But I have never found a practical use for them. I like to ride, not just park and talk about how nice it looks. When they went to factory procuction, to me, they became just another bike.The Fury does look nice but it would not fit my needs. If I was a bar hopper, or the Sturgis type, I would spend the big money and get a real custom chopper.
just my 4 cents

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Should of put the 1800 motor in it. The raider will sell, looks like a harley softtail and a lot more power

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,996 Posts
I am spoiled now, and would not want to sit on the Fury or the Raider for a weekend run.
I know what you mean. I'm spoiled too. I love riding a cruiser, they have a nice feel and and are fun to just putt around on, but no cruiser can even come close to offering what the Wing does....at least for me :p

·
Registered
19,382 Posts
Honda bring back the Valkerie w/1800CC
That would sell

·
Registered
271 Posts
Guess I'm the only one who's warmed up to the Rune and wishes I could buy one...

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,996 Posts
Guess I'm the only one who's warmed up to the Rune and wishes I could buy one...
Your not the only one...I would love to have a Rune. I think it's a beautiful machine...there's some things I would change but you could nit pick any machine, but overall I think Honda did a great job with the Rune. I have always wondered if those that hate it have ever really looked at the details in person with the Rune. It's very nicely finished.
The Rune was always intended to be only a limited production machine for those that could afford it...Honda's hand build factory custom, just to show what Honda could do. Love or hate it, the Rune is different from everybody elses cruiser and copys nobody... it's pure Honda.

G

·
Just because some magazine writer got it wrong please don't blame Honda.

CURRENT RUMOR IS $12,500 FOR NON-ABS AND $14,000 FOR ABS.

NOTHING CONFIRMED YET THOUGH.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts