GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting from NoCal

Honda GL1800 (06-17) Heated Seat Amplifier,
Will this work with a Crobin seat that has factory wire connections?

thanks

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts
Greeting from NoCal

Honda GL1800 (06-17) Heated Seat Amplifier,
Will this work with a Crobin seat that has factory wire connections?

thanks
Yes ... it should. However, some of the aftermarket seats get hotter than OEM ones, so be careful. Your seat might get hotter then you want. I would call and get advise from Electrical Connection. They are the ones that make that unit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg, just sent them an email.

I was traveling through Tahoe few weeks ago, about 40-deg, had my new riding pants lots of layers, felt slight heat.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I believe the EC product overrides the built in temperature limiter that the stock heated seat has. Corbin may not even include that feature in their seat. Depending on the EC reply, may be worth an e-mail to Corbin as well.

That said, I kept the EC amplifier connected when I switched the OEM seat for an Ultimate only because I had it and it gives extra slack when installing/removing the seat.

Reactions: rtbmrgl

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received my question from Lewis at Electrical Connection,

"It will not work with the Corbin heaters. There is something just different enough that it's not compatible.

Lewis @ Electrical Connection"

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thanks for letting us know and a thank you to Lewis for the quick reply.

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts
I received my question from Lewis at Electrical Connection,

"It will not work with the Corbin heaters. There is something just different enough that it's not compatible.

Lewis @ Electrical Connection"
Thanks for updating us all :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lewis also sent this massage.

https://www.checkcorp.com/

"I think Check (the company that made the heater kit) didn't use the same resistance as the OEM heaters. I've never been able to check (no pun intended)"

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Yes ... it should. However, some of the aftermarket seats get hotter than OEM ones, so be careful. Your seat might get hotter then you want. I would call and get advise from Electrical Connection. They are the ones that make that unit.
That's for sure! My Ultimate seat gets WAY warmer than stock. I thought stock was fine though. I use to put that on 3-4 but I put the Ultmate on 2-3 to start and then I'm usually down to 1 in a couple minutes. If it got any hotter you could fry up your eggs, bacon and pancakes on it. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts