GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I am a bit of newbie for the Honda Goldwing, just got it today! And loving it!

I downloaded the latest navigation update called: "HG.ACM.18.11.29.08.07.05.03". Basically says an "ACM" release dated 29th November 2018.

When I went to update it on the bike it said "Different variants are not allowed to update" and it showed my version on the bike as: "HG.ROW.17.12.18.07.05.03".

So my bike has the "ROW" version. I can only guess "ROW" if referring to the region of Australia? That is why it refuses to update because I think the "ACM" update of for the USA only.

Hmmmm.

I read an old post somewhere that said if you are in Australia you actually have to purchase the update from your Honda dealer.

I currently do not have a navigation option on my menu, that is why I want to update it (I have the Goldwing 2018 Tour model). Does anyone know if this means there is no navigation for Australia?

Or am I missing something? :serious:

Help.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Reading here:
https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Touring/2019_Goldwing_Tour_Premium#product-details-list

I don't see any mention of a HPS, just the 7" TFT display and CarPlay integration. I wonder if you can only get NAV in Australia if you have an iPhone and use CarPlay.

I also noticed you only get a 24 month warranty, not the 36 we get here in the States. Bummer.
Thanks. I think you are right, the built in GPS if just for the USA. Well as I have an android phone I am hoping for Android Auto but even Android Auto will only allow "Android Auto" apps so it does not make all your apps available (unfortunately). I would happily use Here WeGO but apparently Android Auto just allows Google Maps which sucks as navigation ... Here WeGo is far superior. Tired of Google and iPhone monopolies at our expense. I may have to get and iPhone just so I can run Apple CarPlay if it lets me load any App I like.

Thanks for the feedback, I have attached my phone to the handlebars so I will continue to use Here WeGo off the phone for now, but would prefer Android Auto if it will let me run Here WeGo:crying:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks. I think you are right, the built in GPS if just for the USA. Well as I have an android phone I am hoping for Android Auto but even Android Auto will only allow "Android Auto" apps so it does not make all your apps available (unfortunately). I would happily use Here WeGO but apparently Android Auto just allows Google Maps which sucks as navigation ... Here WeGo is far superior. Tired of Google and iPhone monopolies at our expense. I may have to get and iPhone just so I can run Apple CarPlay if it lets me load any App I like.

Thanks for the feedback, I have attached my phone to the handlebars so I will continue to use Here WeGo off the phone for now, but would prefer Android Auto if it will let me run Here WeGo:crying:
Unfortunately Google have refused to provide support for Android Auto for any 2 wheel application yet (Harley doesn't have it either). Hopefully an update will be coming at some point that will allow the Wing to support Android Auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts